What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

Lohn Lobb Chapel (in black)

proxy.php

Ordered a pair of Horween Sebago Docksides and a pair of Eastland Camp Mocs. So far, I really like the Sebagos. I think they'll be great after they break in. The Camp Mocs are really comfortable but somewhat stiff right out of the box.

-Andy

$sebago.jpg
$eastland.jpg

Last edited:
In the fall of 2012 my wife and I stopped at the Allen Edmonds in the Tanger Outlet in Jeffersonville, OH on our way home to Atlanta.

I tried on a pair of the Grey Daltons and guess what, they fit. My wife thought they were really nice looking shoes and could be worn with pretty much anything.
I thought they were comfortable so I bought them. I have a very difficult time finding shoes that fit well. My feet are very narrow.

At the time I was interested in a pare of Shell Cordovan in an 11B but was told those are pretty rare as seconds and especially so in the narrow width.

Several months later we were travelling through there again and stopped. That time I found a pair of (Seconds) Black Leeds Shell that fit like a glove so I snatched them.

Because of my hard to fit feet, I have been wearing either AE shoes or Russell Moccasins for the last 25 years.

The Russell Moccasins are custom sized, hand made to your foot measurements in Berlin Wisconsin.
They have many styles and fit like a glove, highly recommended if you have narrow feet like mine.
AE shoes are hand made on different size lasts so once you find the last that fits your feet the best,
it is easy to dial in other styles made on the same last. These are pretty much the only shoes I can wear because of their fit.

I don't even bother to go shopping for shoes at other stores any more.
It is just wasted time for me to do that.

About 18 months ago we moved back home to Wisconsin from Atlanta after a 10 year hiatus; good to be home again.
Have not bought any shoes since my last visit to Jeffersonville a couple years ago. So to my surprise, last week I get an email from the outlet store in Jeffersonville. We have not been there since late 2012. They wanted to know if I was interested in a pair of (Seconds), Dalton Shell Cordovan boots.

I said how did you know about that, I have not been in your store for several years. Oh, when you were in here you mentioned them and we put your name on a waiting list. I thought wow, that's pretty cool marketing.
So I emailed back, possibly, how much and why are they considered seconds?
$399 and we can't tell, possible they are a bit dark for Cordovan.

Got them yesterday. Feel a bit like a thief might feel. I could not turn down the price for those. They fit perfectly with thin socks so I know when they are broke in they will still be a good fit with a little thicker sock.
Can't tell you how impressed I am with the boots and with Kristle, the sales agent. Who knew I would be put on a waiting list. I can not find anything wrong with the boots except maybe the depth of the stiching on the soles. They are pretty deep. Figure it the soles wear out sooner than expected, I would have them re-soled by AE and even with that cost they are still a bargain.

Thing is, I didn't really need another pair of shoes but I could not pass these up. I have had several pairs of AE's recrafted by them and I know these will get that treatment at some point too.

Picture is worth a 1,000 words.
Looking forward to getting these broke in!

$IMG_1496.jpg

In the fall of 2012 my wife and I stopped at the Allen Edmonds in the Tanger Outlet in Jeffersonville, OH on our way home to Atlanta.

I tried on a pair of the Grey Daltons and guess what, they fit. My wife thought they were really nice looking shoes and could be worn with pretty much anything.
I thought they were comfortable so I bought them. I have a very difficult time finding shoes that fit well. My feet are very narrow.

At the time I was interested in a pare of Shell Cordovan in an 11B but was told those are pretty rare as seconds and especially so in the narrow width.

Several months later we were travelling through there again and stopped. That time I found a pair of (Seconds) Black Leeds Shell that fit like a glove so I snatched them.

Because of my hard to fit feet, I have been wearing either AE shoes or Russell Moccasins for the last 25 years.

The Russell Moccasins are custom sized, hand made to your foot measurements in Berlin Wisconsin.
They have many styles and fit like a glove, highly recommended if you have narrow feet like mine.
AE shoes are hand made on different size lasts so once you find the last that fits your feet the best,
it is easy to dial in other styles made on the same last. These are pretty much the only shoes I can wear because of their fit.

I don't even bother to go shopping for shoes at other stores any more.
It is just wasted time for me to do that.

About 18 months ago we moved back home to Wisconsin from Atlanta after a 10 year hiatus; good to be home again.
Have not bought any shoes since my last visit to Jeffersonville a couple years ago. So to my surprise, last week I get an email from the outlet store in Jeffersonville. We have not been there since late 2012. They wanted to know if I was interested in a pair of (Seconds), Dalton Shell Cordovan boots.

I said how did you know about that, I have not been in your store for several years. Oh, when you were in here you mentioned them and we put your name on a waiting list. I thought wow, that's pretty cool marketing.
So I emailed back, possibly, how much and why are they considered seconds?
$399 and we can't tell, possible they are a bit dark for Cordovan.

Got them yesterday. Feel a bit like a thief might feel. I could not turn down the price for those. They fit perfectly with thin socks so I know when they are broke in they will still be a good fit with a little thicker sock.
Can't tell you how impressed I am with the boots and with Kristle, the sales agent. Who knew I would be put on a waiting list. I can not find anything wrong with the boots except maybe the depth of the stiching on the soles. They are pretty deep. Figure it the soles wear out sooner than expected, I would have them re-soled by AE and even with that cost they are still a bargain.

Thing is, I didn't really need another pair of shoes but I could not pass these up. I have had several pairs of AE's recrafted by them and I know these will get that treatment at some point too.

Picture is worth a 1,000 words.
Looking forward to getting these broke in!

View attachment 566667

Nice story and nice boots! I like cordovan.

Picked up my second pair of Allen Edmonds this week. I got the Park Avenues in black. I'm excited to have a good pair of black shoes to alternate with the walnut Kenilworths I grabbed last month.

$IMG_3444.jpg

Not a big acquisition, but I guess I never thought twice about my belt before. I just grabbed something brown and something else black from the big box store and wore them with everything, whether I was wearing a suit or shorts and a t-shirt [emoji15]. Now I have a nice brown belt - an Allen Edmonds Basic Dress Belt in Chili. [emoji106]

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430417113.289400.jpg

Nice belt! I have a few from Torino that I now use almost exclusively, as I like the higher quality leather belts. They also email sale coupons periodically when you get on their list, btw.

I posted in my thread, but I thought I'd share here too. I got a pair of Allen Edmonds Long Branch in last night. They are awesome! I already love my pair of Daltons, so these are the perfect casual/walking around version.

I've worn them around the office and plant today. So far, so good!

Top Bottom