What's new

Guitar players, let's see what you have!

Here are a couple more (I have twenty or so guitars buried in my closet).

The one on the left is a 1984 Japanese Tele, the frets are worn nearly to the wood, so I will probably break down and get a re-fret done next month.

The guitar on the right is a rather unusual Greco Les Paul. This version was tweaked a little in the headstock to get around Gibson, but for some reason quite few were made, most Grecos of the era were close copies of Gibson. When I got it, half of the frets has been poorly pulled out, and the guitar was a mess overall. I took it to the ESP factory and had them replace the rosewood in the neck, and re-fret it. They also went through the rest of the guitar, and more or less made it perfect. I have a lot of Les Pauls, but this one has such a great sound to it.

$P1220168.jpg

Last edited:
While on university 10 years back, I bouhgt Squier Jazzbass 4 string in red.
Aligned frets, customized neck tension, removed paint from where neck connects to body and underneath the bridge, removed pickguard, replaced pickups for Fender noiseless vertical humbuckers, put on Warwick black strings, connected to my Orange amp and played :) low cost Slap funk and metal monster for me;) tight budget though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations! She's a beauty!

I apologize if you already know this, but remember that the neck on the 4003 should be dead straight. This will allow for low action (if you want that), proper intonation and no fret buzz. Be sure to check the relief after it's been a couple of weeks in your home.

I have occasional bouts of infatuation for other basses, but nothing feels as comfortable as my good old 4003. Post your thoughts on your bass once you've had some time to get to know her.

This was our attic about 15 years ago (before the remodeling). The Tele belonged to my middle son, the Ibanez ("I've been had"), belonged to my youngest son. The Strat (my pride and joy) is a custom shop 57 re-issue, I think it was 1989. The Laney's belonged to the boys. The Music Man RD112, is mine. I still fiddle with the Strat now and then :001_smile

$Guitars.jpg

I got a "new" Fender recently. It is an "order made" (Fender Japan didn't have a "custom shop" at the time, maybe the still don't) '54 style Fiesta Red Strat with an alder body, and Lace pickups. This is another E series Fender, made in 1985. When I got it, I could not believe the condition. It is a wonderful player, I spent a couple hours at the park playing with it today.

$P1220596.jpg

I got a "new" Fender recently. It is an "order made" (Fender Japan didn't have a "custom shop" at the time, maybe the still don't) '54 style Fiesta Red Strat with an alder body, and Lace pickups. This is another E series Fender, made in 1985. When I got it, I could not believe the condition. It is a wonderful player, I spent a couple hours at the park playing with it today.

View attachment 653217

What a beauty! The "order made" 80's Japanese Fenders are custom shop guitars. The Order Made shop in Japan was renamed Custom Shop at some time in the 90's. That red is real nice.

That's a beautiful Strat! Great shade of red.
[MENTION=64872]Mr Bob[/MENTION] Thanks for the tips. So far, loving the heck out of the neck on the Ricky. So fast. I've always been a fan of their body contour and it works really well for me. The tone options, are nearly endless with this beast. It hasn't even been a week and I know 100% that I've got a winner. Cheers.

$image.jpegTakemine EG330SC - acoustic electric, solid cedar top, meranti back and sides. Also have a Dean stylist hollow body jazz electric in flame maple with 70 W mega amp (solid state amp with tube preamp) and a basic Yamaha nylon classical. The guitar which i use most however is a LAG tramatone TD66 steel string acoustic- it's fully laminate but has such a beautiful tone- bright but rich.

$IMG_0869_DxO.jpg

Gibson RB-7 I picked up in the mid 80s. Used to be pretty good, now I just twang at it.

Yamaha FS 830. Got this about a month ago, was a fair player in high school, but have not played in 30+ years. Relearning.

The Loar LM375. This I can actually play well. Sit on the couch watching TV and noodling around. Drives the wife batty.

Top Bottom