What's new

Guitar players, let's see what you have!

So, not sure if this has been done before, but I'm new here and felt like putting up a pic.
If you play guitar, post a pic of your setup.
Here's mine. (It's not the best shot, but I can always put up some more later)
Let's see what you have!
2001 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus.
'77 Fender Vibro Champ
'12 Vox AC4TV
Joyo Ultimate Drive>Ibanez TS9>Bling Fuzz v2>Joyo Analog Delay>EH Holy Grail

$IMG_2240.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not in a position to take a photo right now, but it's a 1977 Martin D35 and one of my most prized possessions.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My current gigging rig:
2000 American Tele>Z.Vex Fuzz Factory>Visual Sound Route 66 (V2)> TC Electronic Vortex Flanger> MXR Dist III> Visual Sound H2O (V1)> Akai E2 Headrush> 2006 Fender Blues Jr.

I also gig with a 2006 Martin D-28 with a Fishman Eclipse Matrix pickup system installed.
$IMG_20140627_221100_060.jpg

1969 Gibson L5
1983 Cherry Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Custom
1984 Gibson ES 335 Black
1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard Black
2000 Gibson ES 335 Red
Hofner Classical
Martin DC 16 GTE
1910 Martin Mandolin
Deering Boston Tenor Banjo
G and L L 2500 Five String Fretless Bass

L-R Fender Sonoran, 25-year-old handmade Alvarez Yairi, cheap Strat knockoff for guitar solos in demos. Add a Yamaha weighted MIDI keyboard, condenser mic, USB mixing board and GarageBand, and I can do anything!
$IMG_20150115_223536.jpg

Like most things in my life, I keep this hobby pretty simple too.
the Typical Strat, A Fender Malibu, and a late fifties Pan Acoustic.
The Pan is one of a few pieces I have that are left from my Grandfather's band. In the pic he's the guy brushin' the snare drum.
$20150116_081409.jpg
$20150116_081255.jpg
$20150116_081531.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Gibson USA Les Paul Traditional Pro

$Will Shelton wedding 047.jpg

Fender Strat USA
$DSCN0636.jpg

I just sold my Egnater amp and didn't like my Line 6 Spider. I'm using Rig Kontrol 5 fed into studio speakers. I also love my Tom Scholz Rockman X100. I had the guitar luthier change out the Corian nut on the Gibson to what's called an iBoney nut. It's bone mixed with ivory(mammoth). It made a nice change in the sound quality

Gibson USA Les Paul Traditional Pro

View attachment 540432

Fender Strat USA
View attachment 540433

I just sold my Egnater amp and didn't like my Line 6 Spider. I'm using Rig Kontrol 5 fed into studio speakers. I also love my Tom Scholz Rockman X100. I had the guitar luthier change out the Corian nut on the Gibson to what's called an iBoney nut. It's bone mixed with ivory(mammoth). It made a nice change in the sound quality

Very cool type of nut. I learned something new today, and may have to look into one of those myself.
I just swapped out the bridge pup on my LP from a Seymour Duncan JB to a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates. Wow, it sounds amazing through my Vibro Champ!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Very cool type of nut. I learned something new today, and may have to look into one of those myself.
I just swapped out the bridge pup on my LP from a Seymour Duncan JB to a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates. Wow, it sounds amazing through my Vibro Champ!

On the Strat, I had the luthier change out the bridge pup for a humbucker; The Seymour Duncan JB jr. I also had him add a 500k ohm split coil volume pot. You pull the pot up for single coil and down for humbucker. My guitar teacher was soooo jealous.

I liked the split coil features on the LP so much that I had to add it to the Strat. It was all very affordable.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
1960 Garage Band
Dad's on the far right. That's his 1959 Gibson Les Paul and Gibson amp. The amp is in the lower right of picture.

$garage band 4.jpg

Here's my little stash. I have a classical somewhere that I haven't played in a long time. No amps anymore. I need a bass.

Top Bottom