What's new

Group Buy: Feather SS / KAI Captain Mild

That's to funny. BTW I just unboxed mine and can't wait to shave with it. I must say I was surprised that the grip was rubberized, this is a big plus in my opinion for a Japanese style razor.

mine showed up. Thanks telly. tried a shave with it and very interesting. not sure how i feel about it yet, it's the non-folding type. got a great shave, but something felt different.

Telly,

Received my two-days ago and have tried two shaves so far. This is my first straight style razor and despite some razor burn on my neck, it has worked out nicely. I probably would not have tried a straight style razor if you had not offered such a nice pairing. Thanks again!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Feather mantra: No pressure, no pressure no pressure. :). Much harder to do in practice for sure.

Got mine today. I love the look and feel of it. I am going to give it a try in a bit. But don't' know if I should try the mild KAI blades or the Pro Guards. Any suggestions from those that have used both?

H

herro123

hey guys i know this is kind of random but this past christmas i switched to wet shaving i purchased a parker 22r razor dont get me wrong theirs nothing wrong with the razor its very light weight at 2.6 oz after doing research i became interested in the 99r heavyweight honestly i have no money to buy a another razor what i was wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to exchange a parker 22r for a parker 99r heavyweight they are equaly priced it would be of no cost just for the payment of shipping and handling thanks for your time

I tried mine yesterday. I went with the KAI Mild blade and I am glad that I did. I almost nicked myself a couple of times. If the blade had been any sharper, I'm sure they would have been bleeders. I had to reach for a DE to touch up a few places, but the area that I managed to get to was nearly BBS. My skin was a bit irritated: I can tell it is going to take some time to find the right angle and get a good feel for handling the razor. Thanks again Telly.

hey guys i know this is kind of random but this past christmas i switched to wet shaving i purchased a parker 22r razor dont get me wrong theirs nothing wrong with the razor its very light weight at 2.6 oz after doing research i became interested in the 99r heavyweight honestly i have no money to buy a another razor what i was wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to exchange a parker 22r for a parker 99r heavyweight they are equaly priced it would be of no cost just for the payment of shipping and handling thanks for your time

No. And why post this in a random thread, which have nothing remotely to do with what you ask, that is rude.

I got the non-folding from Telly a little before he put together the group buy and some of the Kai blades.. I had been using a non-folding RG. I tried the Kai several times but always go back to the Feather "Professional" Blades (black box) I get a better and nick free shave from them. The Kai want to bite.

Finally got the chance to get mine from the over the border.
What a razor! I love it. It appears to be more forgiving than the DX.
Mind you today was just the first try.
I'm loving the non-folding handle too.

That's to funny. BTW I just unboxed mine and can't wait to shave with it. I must say I was surprised that the grip was rubberized, this is a big plus in my opinion for a Japanese style razor.

I am thourghly enjoying my shaves from this beautiful razor. No scales to get into the way, no I have to ask myself why I didn't go japanese earlier.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Has anyone noticed you don't have to skin stretch to get a decent shave with the SS?

Top Bottom