What's new

Grooming Dept club

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What’s this serum? Aftershave?

1F77BF6D-68EB-415D-814B-5A94355975A9.jpeg

Also my soap melted during shipping. Should I do anything with it beside let it harden up? Will it?

The serum is aftershave. An M&M soap I ordered came melted. I did not realize it was a very soft soap so I put it in the refrigerator to harden. It looked fine after that. However, a few days later it softened again but did not liquify.

I would let it sit for a day. If it still does not harden I would put it in the refrigerator to hasten the process. Or, you can email Mohammed and I know he will answer you.

This hot weather is a disaster for softer soaps.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks, Jim. I thought he was the guy that never replied to email. I wasn’t going to bother. I’ll hit him up.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
As a side note, I don’t think I’ll ever buy unscented anything ever again. It has a scent of soap, and it’s not good. Not so terrible I won’t use it. But this plain soap scent isn’t great. I suppose I was expecting something like Williams, or VDH, Palmolive, some of the unscented soaps that smell like plain ole soap. Nope. Probably the donkey milk, duck fat and tallow. Coupled with it being melted.

Actually, Jason, his customer service is quite good. I had a problem with his Dapper Mallard Soap. It came partly melted but hardened and ended up being lopsided. I posted it here. (post 155). Mohammed saw my post and emailed me directly. He ended up sending me a new puck of soap, the serum you got, and a pre-shave. (Post 156).

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
As a side note, I don’t think I’ll ever buy unscented anything ever again. It has a scent of soap, and it’s not good. Not so terrible I won’t use it. But this plain soap scent isn’t great. I suppose I was expecting something like Williams, or VDH, Palmolive, some of the unscented soaps that smell like plain ole soap. Nope. Probably the donkey milk, duck fat and tallow. Coupled with it being melted.

I have the Pekin (unscented Duck fat soap). Smells pretty neutral to me not that I have a good nose for what things smell like.

Still, I find too many great scents in the lineup to go for an unscented soap.

My unscented Serum smells quite nutty. I like its scent.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Actually, Jason, his customer service is quite good. I had a problem with his Dapper Mallard Soap. It came partly melted but hardened and ended up being lopsided. I posted it here. (post 155). Mohammed saw my post and emailed me directly. He ended up sending me a new puck of soap, the serum you got, and a pre-shave. (Post 156).

Well that’s refreshing. I fired off a message via the contact me page.

I have the Pekin (unscented Duck fat soap). Smells pretty neutral to me not that I have a good nose for what things smell like.

Still, I find too many great scents in the lineup to go for an unscented soap.

My unscented Serum smells quite nutty. I like its scent.

The serum smells OK to me. To me that has a neutral smell. I’m sure the milk and fat didn’t like the 90 degree hang out in the mailbox for a few hours today.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Top notch customer service indeed! Sent me a message shortly before I was able to send him one. Gave me some tips to harden the soap up. Said to give it a stir and put it in a cool place for 24-48hrs. Said the fridge would be fine. So just a FYI in case any other soaps melt in this terrible heat!

He is also going to send me a Vegan soap. I’ve never used a Vegan soap. Really amazing customer service.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Top notch customer service indeed! Sent me a message shortly before I was able to send him one. Gave me some tips to harden the soap up. Said to give it a stir and put it in a cool place for 24-48hrs. Said the fridge would be fine. So just a FYI in case any other soaps melt in this terrible heat!

He is also going to send me a Vegan soap. I’ve never used a Vegan soap. Really amazing customer service.

You're going to like the veggie soap I think. I sure do.

I agree, he did me right too. Replace a pre shave that went bad, very good !

I got 3 of them, one is Citrus, others are Bergamot & Ginger, third is Rainforest.

One thing that surprises about his preshave is how little is needed for a 3-pass shave. I use an amount about the size of 1 or 2 peas, anymore than that and it doesn’t work nearly as well. For me it is far ahead of all other preshaves I’ve ever tried.

I have limited myself to having one working tub and one backup on hand at any given time. I finished a tub a couple weeks ago and bought a backup on my last soap purchase. Then Mo goes and releases the new ones...unscented with synthetic menthol...and I had to pick it up. So much for the plan...

I have been using my preshave since January and have only used 1/4 - 1/3. I am trying to wait until there is a soap drop and order some then.

Excellent product. In fact, I believe it is among the best shaving products I have used. The old formula makes every shave so much better. I am hopeful the new formula will be even better. Lemon Chamomile for me.

Mohammad is trying very hard to please. He does truly have excellent customer service. I wish his product line had some greater degree of continuity but it doesn't. He constantly tweaks his bases and his scents are all over the map. He misses deadlines but makes up for it as best he can. I have learned not to worry and have stopped fretting about it. He has emailed me twice in reference to my online comments about his business model and/or scents. In both instances, he was positive. I have seen numerous instances where he makes things right for other people. Mohammad is unique and, I believe, a truly nice person.

Top Bottom