What's new

Grooming Dept club

In fact i am mumble! I’ve been PIF’d a razor, brush, soap and blades since i’ve joined this forum and because i have a pretty lean kit (by choice) i have yet to be able to PIF anything despite wanting to. Just send me your address and i’ll ship it out to you this week. It’s an unused 4oz jar of cedarwood and lime.
Wow. That's very generous of you.

In fact i am mumble! I’ve been PIF’d a razor, brush, soap and blades since i’ve joined this forum and because i have a pretty lean kit (by choice) i have yet to be able to PIF anything despite wanting to. Just send me your address and i’ll ship it out to you this week. It’s an unused 4oz jar of cedarwood and lime.

Congrats Mumble. Nice PIF Macduff.

People here have been incredibly nice and generous so i’m happy to contribute to that atmosphere. It’s what makes this the best place on the internet!

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
I use it daily an a little bit goes a long way
I get as little as I can on a dry brush then paint it on my wet face add a few drops of water to the brush and face lather it ,it makes so much lather I could shave with it but I put my favorite GD soap over it for a great shave every time

Best preshave in the business. Been using it for a little over a year and this product is the real deal. It adds a slickness and comfort to a shave that just has to be experienced but, more important to me is the post shave results with continued use. My skin is hydrated and supple. Perhaps the healthiest looking and feeling face that I've had since before my boot camp days.

Exceptional stuff. Period.

By the way, as always exceptional customer service from Mo. Enjoy the shaves...:punk:

Second use of the pre-shave. Another smooth shave. Normally, I get 6 to 8 shaves with a GEM PTFE blade in a GEM 1912. I am on my 6th today and it still feels smooth.

I can verify that it is indeed a quality product and the best pre-shave product I've tried. It does have a little bit of a funky smell, however.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Excellent review, Jim. You have me thinking.[emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was a tester of this pre-shave, and bought a full tub after it was released (whenever that was—eight months ago?). I know I’ve been using it for six or seven months, and it’s still about two-thirds full. And I shave every day (almost), and use it every time I shave (almost). (Time constraints sometimes get in the way.)

What surprised me is that it is not an oil - which I did prefer at one time. When massaged as per the directions it provided for a slick pass.

Well, today I thought I would try an experiment to compare using GD pre-shave and not.

I washed my face with Neutrogena liquid soap. I wet my left side of the face and applied lather to the left side of my face. The soap was GD Dapper Mallard. The brush a Kent BK 8. The razor a GEM 1912 with a PTFE blade. I then did a four-pass shave on the left side of my face. The first pass was OK but I could feel the razor struggling a bit. Normally, I would toss the blade and put in a new one. However, I did my usual four pass shave and the results were good. I cleaned up that side of the face with cold water.

Next, I wet the right side of my face and applied a small bit of the GD pre-shave on my face and rubbed it in for about a minute. I then lathered with the same brush and soap. The first pass was very smooth - as smooth as yesterday's shave. Every pass was smooth and effortless. I could feel the slickness when I wet my face before each pass. I cleaned up the right side of my face

I applied WH to my face. The right side of my face was slicker and smoother.

I will stick with the same razor and blade for my Saturday shave.

New soaps are live, and as of about a minute ago all are still available. Think I'm gonna skip this release, have to many to begin with that don't get enough attention.

Top Bottom