What's new

Great actors in bad movies

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Self explanatory- post your favorites.

$raymond_burr.jpg

$godzilla.jpg

I loved Brando as Jor El. The Wild One is extraordinarily dated, but worth seeing.

Greatest actor ever, but... coulda hadda better career. His highs were higher than anyone's (Streetcar, On the Waterfront, Godfather, Last Tango, Apocalypse, Julius Caesar), but the lows were pretty bad.

Edit:

OH! Orson Welles in Transformers. Yikes. Actually, it has a 7.1 rating on IMDB.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Maybe

$matteroftime.jpg

As I recall "Stromboli" was panned pretty roughly too.

But let's face it - Bergman at her worst was better than many at their best. And to her credit, it was the movies that were panned, not her performance in them.
She'll always be Elsa or Joan of Arc to me.

$casablanca-image-1.jpg$NAVA100Z.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite Ingrid roles are Under Capricorn and The Inn of the Sixth Happiness. She's so gritty in them--I could almost smell her in Under Capricorn, but that's Hitchcock. Puts her right up there with Bette Davis, who IMHO is the best actor ever, even if I'm not a fan of hers. Ingrid's #2.

Already panned James Stewart, Olivia de Havilland, and several other favorites. Gene Hackman is too easy (Superman's already been mentioned.) But Cary Grant also stumps me.

Ray was on a roll there. Frogs!

Last edited:
Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine are BOTH still alive! There's still time to get them in a Transformers movie!

Paul Newman in The Silver Chalice. His first big film. He took out an ad in the paper to apologize for it. Recovered pretty nicely, I think.

This dreadful movie also had a distinguished English actor--someone who's been in a ton of bad movies, has only ever won a BAFTA TV Award, spent time as a POW in a Nazi prison camp, and also portrayed a prisoner in one of the greatest WWII movies. IMHO, he's among the most underrated star actors of all time.

proxy.php

Top Bottom