What's new

Graydog Brush PIF

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Steve, so far this thread has revealed two things: 1) cancer really affects us all in so many ways; and 2) you’ve shared your amazing craftsmanship with more B&B’ers than I realized! Your generosity is inspiring on so many levels, and your gorgeous brushes have brought smiles to many lucky shavers. This one (the ‘moon‘ brush) is my absolute best performing brush, period.
View attachment 1194077
The one he gave me is too. I think my wife called it "functional art". It's pretty just sitting there. It was my first exposure to a synthetic, and honestly, I now will never need to spend money on a different brush.

Good luck to whoever wins this thing! I have one and will STILL be jealous.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Steve, so far this thread has revealed two things: 1) cancer really affects us all in so many ways; and 2) you’ve shared your amazing craftsmanship with more B&B’ers than I realized! Your generosity is inspiring on so many levels, and your gorgeous brushes have brought smiles to many lucky shavers. This one (the ‘moon‘ brush) is my absolute best performing brush, period.
View attachment 1194077

Steve's creations are incredible.

My @Graydog Backyard Maple Chubby has been my Desert Island Brush since the first time I used it. 😎
20200817_153739~2.jpg

It is threads like this - and the generosity of Dan and Steve - that make B&B such a wonderful place. It is members like them that make it what it is. I treasure the brush Steve PIFed me.

Cancer is a horrible disease. My wonderful wife had been battling cancer for almost 8 years. She suffers from non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Her cancer at times has gone dormant but eventually seems to return. This is the 4th time she is undergoing treatment for it. Her strength, courage, and faith have been an inspiration to many people who know her.

I'm in.
Grandma Louise was the best, and I was a little too young to fully understand what was going on. I still remember her as an energetic, enthusiastic woman. I recently tried a sample of Reserve Fern and she instantly popped into my head. It must be similar to something she wore.

Very thoughtful PIF @Hannah's Dad

I’m in. @Graydog makes gorgeous brushes.

I lost my aunt to cancer three years ago and while the whole family was visiting her I reconnected with my cousin. He wanted a better job and I helped him get an interview where I was working at that time. We worked together everyday for years. After I made a career change this year, we still stay connected.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thanks to all who participated in this thread — your stories are all special, as are the loved ones you’ve mentioned. We all honor them and speak their names.

I wish I could send this brush to every one of you; but congrats to @BobbyB for winning this Graydog brush. I hope it brings fond memories of your friend Antoinette, as well as inspires your wife to remain cancer-free.

Thanks again, my friends, and a special thanks to Steve (@Graydog) for his incredible talent and generosity.

Top Bottom