What's new

Grapefruit

So TOBS Grapefruit came back into my rotation, and I had forgotten how much I like it. After several good shaves, I looked around for grapefruit scented soaps, and I found two:

--Stirling Grapefruit. Nice generous sample, good lather, good shave. Tallow, lanolin, and shea butter, all of which I like. No bentonite clay, which I really appreciate. I like the scent, but not as much as TOBS. Nice aftershave as well. This is a summer scent, something I don't understand, living as I do in the Land of No Seasons (SoCal.) They still have some in stock, but won't be making more until April-May of next year

--Soap Commander Inspiration (Japanese Grapefruit.) Fabulous performer. Tons of excellent thick lather. Good aroma, nice grapefruit scent plus a soapy base note.

Any other grapefruit soaps and creams out there? I see Catie's Bubbles has a Lavender Grapefruit, but I'm looking for a pure grapefruit product. Thanks.

No idea but thanks for mentioning grapefruit offerings.

My medication doesn't allow me to ingest grapefruit and as such I crave it on occasion, might give one of these spin.

only TOBS grapefruit that I know about, is their cream.

$TOBS grapefruit revisor kent 1805 apr 4 2014.jpg

I have a tub of TOBS grapefruit. A great summer scent for shaving, not as sweet as AOS lemon, not as musky as most lime lathers.

PS. Soap Commander Inspiration (Japanese Grapefruit) also comes in a well-scented, soothing aftershave balm.

Benton Clay used to make a vetiver-grapefruit soap that had one of the best scents I've ever smelled in a soap. Don't know if it is still made or not, as I haven't paid much attention to soaps in several years. It was good stuff, as I recall.

Esbjerg Grapefruit Shave Cream is a very fine product without all the chemicals that are in most creams and is a hard cream that I load and use like a soap

Kiss My Face (KMF) comes in grapefruit. It smells pretty much like your standard ruby red smelling cosmetic grapefruit product. It is a very strong scent, and fills the room. For some reason it seems to be the lowest price scent of KMF at on-line retails. I've seen it for under $6.00 shipped on-line. I have an 11oz container of it, and I hope to finish it someday. I'm not a huge fan of its scent, so I'm looking for creative ways to use it at the moment.

Esbjerg makes a grapefruit cream. I've never used it, but their amber cardamom is absolutely divine.

Mystic water had a grapefruit scent now in her new formulation. It's almost all grapefruit with a tiny bit of lily of the valley in the background.

Obsessive completist that I am, I ordered the Esbjerg Grapefruit Shave Cream. Kiss My Face advertises its Pomegranate Grapefruit shave cream. Is this the one you mean, Ciderguy? I'm hoping for a pure grapefruit scent, not a blend.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Beaver Woodwright Ghost Ship

The description mentions some other scents in the mix but it just smells like straight up grapefruit to me. I guess if I try really hard, I can maybe smell a hint of sandalwood. I've been tempted to lick the soap a few times.

I just used Catie's Bubbles Purple Grapefruit the other day and it is a great soap. It is grapefruit and lavender, and usually I'm not particularly crazy about lavender but this is a very good combination, one of my favourites. I've been meaning to try Soap Commander for a while I might have to get me some Inspiration.

Obsessive completist that I am, I ordered the Kiss My Face advertises its Pomegranate Grapefruit shave cream. Is this the one you mean, Ciderguy? I'm hoping for a pure grapefruit scent, not a blend.

It is what I meant. I forgot that it has pomegranate in it. I just went to the den to smell it, and it isn't a pure grapefruit smell. If you stumble across a yellow grapefruit in your search, please let me know.

Benton Clay used to make a vetiver-grapefruit soap that had one of the best scents I've ever smelled in a soap. Don't know if it is still made or not, as I haven't paid much attention to soaps in several years. It was good stuff, as I recall.
Vetiver Paradisi. Man, I miss that stuff. That was the absolute-most-awesome-scented soap I've ever sniffed. Performed quite well, also! A year or two ago, the gentleman who was making it (Dave, "BentonClay") said he was going to go back into production, but I don't think it ever happened. I would love to see it come back again.

Top Bottom