What's new

Gotten Yours Yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of my wife''s job, she's already had both. Today, after multiple online attempts, I walked into a Walgreens and asked if there were any openings. They had a cancellation tomorrow and so shot number one is Sunday morning.

I‘m eligible to get one since I work for the school district. Unfortunately getting an appointment is difficult. My health care provider isn’t offering it for my age yet so ill keep trying to get through the county website to get one ASAP.

Nope, nor will I. I am a healthy individual who is not regarded as at risk. Therefore, I don't plan on getting the "vaccine," which technically is not a vaccine, as it is produced differently than actual vaccines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm toward the back of the line due to low risk factors, so I haven't gotten it yet. Also, I want to get the J&J single dose vaccine because there have been reports of erroneous administration of second doses first in my state (PA).

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I received my first shot (Moderna) on 2/11 and am scheduled to get the 2nd shot on 3/11. I didn't have any side effects with the first one. my husband has had both of his (Pfizer). He just had a sore arm with his first one. With the second one he had headache in the evening and spend a good part of the second day sleeping.

We got our first Pfizer shots on 2/19; and are scheduled for the second dose 21 days later- 3/12. It took me many hours to get the initial shots scheduled. But, once we got to the site it only took 40 minutes to get the injections, including the mandatory 15 minute post-jab wait.

I'm neither old enough or important enough to be eligible to get the vaccine yet. I'll probably have to wait to get mine once enough doses are available that I can just go to get it without registering/signing up for it. Fingers crossed for end of April!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Not yet. The Philippines received its first shipment of 600,000 doses of CoVid-19 vaccine this afternoon, a donation from the Chinese government. That's enough for about 0.3% of the population. Much more is in the way.

Both doses here in Denton County, Texas at the huge, very smoothly run and organized drive-thru operation at Texas Motor Speedway. The longest my car stopped was the 20 seconds to actually receive the vaccine prior to the 15 minute "observation" period afterwards. In and out each time in less than 20 minutes.

I'm 53 with a comorbid medical condition, so that got me on Texas' "Group 1B" prioritization.

Got my first shot on 1/28 and the second on 2/19. My wife gets her second shot on Tuesday.

I registered and got my two shots in the parking lot of a local college. It was very well organized and for both shots I arrived early and got out within 40 minutes. The only side effect I had was a slight pain at the injection point and that only last one day. Both were the Pfizer shots. Starting next week that site will be a 24-hour site.

My wife got hers at a state-run site. The first time around we had a 40-minute wait but that was only the second day that facility was open. They gave her an appointment for her second shot. I had to register to get my second shot.

What has impressed me is the professionalism and friendliness of the workers there. They even laugh at my corny jokes despite my wife's rolling of her eyes!

My wife and I have received both of ours. She's a health care worker so was prioritized, and her employer wanted spouses to get theirs to minimize risk/exposure. That's the only reason I was able to get one, even though I am immuno-compromised.

I’m 68 with comorbidities and quality in mid January. I’ve been trying to get on the schedule since then and all I ever see is “no appointments available at this location”. Typical government run program. FUBAR comes to mind.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’m 68 with comorbidities and quality in mid January. I’ve been trying to get on the schedule since then and all I ever see is “no appointments available at this location”. Typical government run program. FUBAR comes to mind.
Too much demand and not enough supply. But that is changing especially with the new one. It was a part time job getting an 80+ scheduled in tx. But it happened and was all so smooth after and the follow up for the second shot.

My wife and I had our final shots in January. I was really tired the next day. She called me a wuss. I didn’t point out the fact that she sleeps way more than I do.

Too much demand and not enough supply. But that is changing especially with the new one. It was a part time job getting an 80+ scheduled in tx. But it happened and was all so smooth after and the follow up for the second shot.
My daughter, who is a medical assistant, is discouraging me to even get the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom