What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Gotten Yours Yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get my first shot tomorrow at 11:15am. I can't wait!!! I don't know yet if it's the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ambassador
It's a sensitive subject. We know people that desperately want it, and those that won't have it.

🤔 We decided to wait, despite my wife's greater risk (I work from home). We were on no lists, but one day we both got a text message from family MD, tell us us to report. I didn't believe it but it checked out.

Very smooth operation. Moderna, mild arm ache for a couple days. 65% efficacy after ten days! ✌

Despite greater side effects, looking forward to the second. I do feel mildly guilty that family members in poorly run states are at greater risk and still waiting. However.

One day while grocery shopping, somebody's kid just exploded a cough on me. The mother scolded, but I'd really rather not catch the bug for someone else's careless/stupid. I come up with enough of that on my own.

AA

I got my first one (Moderna) on Friday, 2/26. My second is scheduled for 3/26. My company arranged them at a small clinic since we deal with mostly elderly customers. I showed up 25 minutes early for a 4pm drive through. I had the shot within 5 minutes and, after a 15 minute wait in my car, was allowed to leave. My arm was very sore yesterday, but is much better today. Glad to get this started.

On an interesting side note: In Colorado we were scheduled to begin with 65 and up this coming Friday. I just turned 64. As I was driving home from getting my first dose, I heard on the radio that Colorado has reduced the age for this Friday to 60. If I had waited a week, I could have gotten the single dose J&J. The good news is that SWMBO will now be elligible in a week. We're both looking forward to getting out a little more!

The Mrs. got both of hers and is "good to go" but still wears a mask everywhere. She works as a cook in a nursing home, so she is considered essential. I'm looking at May...but so happy the Mrs. is good as can be

Most likely I will get an invite somewhere June/juli. Netherlands, 53, and depending the gov mood I am or I am not healthcare as a therapist. Well it could be worse I am allowed to work as an acupuncturist and ladies of the night are still not....

Nope and in spite of my age group and being deemed essential I suspect I'll get receiving it near the end of the year.

martym

I Leave The Toilet Seat Up.
Contributor
The wife and I have both had our 1st dose and the 2nd is scheduled for March 11th.

Shot one (Moderna) yesterday; shot two scheduled for 3/28. Very smooth; Kaiser Permanente (my health care plan) has 4.6 million members here in SoCal, but the whole thing went like clockwork. A few short lines, terrific people; the shot went into my arm the exact time of my appointment, which, considering how many people were there, seems remarkable.

Arm soreness is dissipating.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Contributor
Not yet, but we'll be there when we get the call. Having recently had covid, we're fine waiting a bit.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
As maxwell smart used to say. I
Missed it by that much.
Had an opportunity to take a fill in appointment today. I was in until I was out. In the system. Then sorry you Are not in the system. Now it’s 2 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom