What's new

Goodline razor blades

So yesterday I stopped by CVS on my way home from work. I ended up getting some Mennen Skin Bracer and a pack of Goodline razor blades. I had planned on waiting until Sunday to try the blades but decided to go ahead and try them out today.

Setup:
Razor: Gillette contract tech
Blade: Goodline
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in best
Soap: MdC original
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

Shave:
Soaked the brush while I showered then lathered up with some MdC original and proceeded with my usual 3 pass shave. These blades really work well with my tech. There’s a couple spots on either side of my adam’s apple that usually give me issues but no issues today. Super sharp yet smooth blades. Nine hours later and still DFS+++. I really like these blades. Only downside is their price at $7.49 (IIRC)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I don’t think that I have heard of these blades before. Can you post a photo or two of the blades please?

F57C7D13-DC97-4A94-B204-A6675DE32DA2.jpeg
F33CF7C1-D34A-40CF-9335-0DB10AF58C38.jpeg

There was some discussion of them awhile back when they first came out but I haven’t heard anything about them recently. The box says that the blades are made in Germany so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re rebranded Personna blades that were formerly made in Israel. If that’s the case then I’m not surprised that they work well for me because the Personna Israeli reds work well for me

View attachment 1534918View attachment 1534919
There was some discussion of them awhile back when they first came out but I haven’t heard anything about them recently. The box says that the blades are made in Germany so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re rebranded Personna blades that were formerly made in Israel. If that’s the case then I’m not surprised that they work well for me because the Personna Israeli reds work well for me

+1! My best guess also! Rebranded Personnas are often excellent! :thumbup1:

No dough the same ones sold by Sally's for $3 for 5. T No wonder you like them. Lab Blues. Do what I do and drop a few menthol drops in the Skin Bracer.
I’m pretty sure they’re not the lab blues. To me the lab blues don’t feel quite as sharp as these do and the lab blues are made in the US and these are made in Germany. Don’t get me wrong I do like the lab blues. I have close to 300 of them

It’s really tempting to add a few drops of menthol (or just get a mentholated aftershave) to the skin bracer considering where I live. But if you ask 5 people on here to define “a few drops” you’ll probably end up with a couple dozen different answers depending on the mood of the day

Edit to add:
I’d probably get the frost drops offered by Stirling but don’t really need anything from them right now. Then again when has “not needing” something really stopped anyone buying something?

Last edited:
They look alright. Thanks for the photo.
Not a problem. I’d recommend trying them as long as they can be found through a local store or online retailer. For me personally any future purchases will most likely be if I’m traveling and need blades or to hold me over in the unlikely event that I don’t order replacement blades of other brands that I like just as well. And I probably have enough blades currently to last me 8-10 years given the rate I use blades

Top Bottom