What's new

Goodfellas Smile Impero

Hello guys,

I am tempted to buy an open or close comb head to combine with some handles I already have.
Searching for reviews here didn't reveal much. (and only few on Youtube, but I don't think they are all that reliable because everythig they test is always sooo good, so fantastic, so great ....).

2021-08-06 15_05_56-Window.png

Any users here of this razor. (closed or open).. Is the open comb (I like the FOCS and Gillette Old style a lot) suitable for every day shaving?
So any user-reviews are very welcome.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Wow, you weren't kidding, I just applied some of my best ninja-searching skills looking for info on this one here on B&B, and the only thing that kept coming up was a Goodfella's Smile shave soap. I like the look -- I'm a sucker for open combs -- hopefully we'll see/hear more from others here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is a nice looking razor and one that I have not heard of until now. I would be tempted if I was in the market. Must resist,, must resist.

I have both the open & closed heads. The OC is aggressive & not good for everyday for me whereas the closed can be used everyday. The shave of the closed is similar to the Alpha Outlaw but not as smooth. The OC base plate is definitely not from Fatip. Lookswise, it's more like the Parker OC. However, shavewise it's not mild like the Parker by any stretch; it's much more aggressive.

Eben Stone

Staff member
It looks identical to the Gladio razor (except for the handle). Try searching for "Gladio" you might get more results (assuming it's the same razor your interested in).

Bought one of these as the OC. This is my take on it.
THIS RAZOR IS RUBBISH
I was looking forward to this but now I can't wait to get rid of it. My shaving regime was the same setup and all with 4 days growth.
The handle was supposed to be stainless but the one this came with was aluminium.
I used a Feather, Nacet, Astra SP, Kai, and Bic CP blades for first and second shaves.
I could not, for the life of me get anything close to a DFS with this razor.
It left heavy stubble on my chin, and both sides of my jaw line and throat.
I had to finish each shave with another razor.
Just to see how it compared, I shaved off 7 days growth with the Mamba 70 and a Bic Chrome Platinum on it's third use and that shave was flawless and without issue.
I couldn't return it and couldn't give it away so I modified it into a Devette.
As such it now has its uses.

Bought one of these as the OC. This is my take on it.
THIS RAZOR IS RUBBISH
I was looking forward to this but now I can't wait to get rid of it. My shaving regime was the same setup and all with 4 days growth.
The handle was supposed to be stainless but the one this came with was aluminium.
I used a Feather, Nacet, Astra SP, Kai, and Bic CP blades for first and second shaves.
I could not, for the life of me get anything close to a DFS with this razor.
It left heavy stubble on my chin, and both sides of my jaw line and throat.
I had to finish each shave with another razor.
Just to see how it compared, I shaved off 7 days growth with the Mamba 70 and a Bic Chrome Platinum on it's third use and that shave was flawless and without issue.
I couldn't return it and couldn't give it away so I modified it into a Devette.
As such it now has its uses.
Thx for the update.... If I ever was in doubt this makes it a final no...
Lots of other stuff to be tempted with :cool:

I completely forgot about this thread. I have bought that head from the Goodfellas store last summer. Yes, it is made by Parker, the only difference is it is matte nickel, instead of the chrome they have on the Parkers. If you have a very heavy beard, move along. You will not be able to achieve a BBS even in 3 passes. Better buy their close comb head, which is again made by Parker and is nickel plated. The shave will be much closer. I got 3 of those.

Top Bottom