What's new

"Going for the Gold"

As with most of you, I have certain razors that work particularly well with certain brands of blades. It is definitely a YMMV kinda thing, depending upon your beard and skin.

However, I have found a DE razor that at least for me, works extremely well with whatever brand of blade I put in it. It's my gold plated Diplomat (A-3) purchased on BST a couple of months ago. I've tried it with Derby's, 7 O'Clock Yellow, Personna Red, Feathers, and no matter what blade I use, I get a three-pass BBS shave everytime without experiencing any redness or discomfort after the shave.

I enjoy using a straight on the weekends, but Monday-Friday I now find myself "going for the gold".

My question is, does anyone else have a non-adjustable DE razor that works extremely well for them with just about any blade?

Attachments

• $DSC_0028.jpg
    $DSC_0028.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 136
I bought a '55 Diplomat not too long ago on the BST ... have only tried it with a few different types of blades (Personna Red, Personna Lab Blue, Astra SP) but got good shaves with all 3. Great shaves with the Personna Lab Blues.

My '47 Super Speed hasn't failed me yet. Feathers, Derbys, Crystals, Personna meds, labs, and reds, anything I've tried so far.

My Milord is awesome. I put off using for quite some time. First pass taught me a lesson that my mild L6 could never. I wouldn't want to adjust it - it's perfect!

My Merkur Futur (s) deliver a great shave with any blade I've tried. Obviously some are closer than others but not all are BBS. My blades that have fallen short in all my other razors deliver with the Futur.

John

Top Bottom