What's new

Godrej Shaving Cream

I think Musgo is a bit better, but neither of these is expensive. Try 'em both.

Sounds good. Thanks for that. I'm very familiar with Musgo, so if Godrej is only a bit less better than Musgo, then I'm in for a treat! :w00t:

Cheers,
Jimmy.

Godrej rocks. Menthol Mist is a must in my den.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCDJVhMO2KI&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

I love Godrej as well, and here in Chicago we have a vibrant Indian community. On the north side of the city along Devon avenue there are a bunch of Indian dollar stores and grocery stores that carry it. It is always fairly priced as well.

Godrej maybe the most bang for the buck of any shaving cream out there.

I also like Godrej shave cream, it is great. I have all three. I like the Menthol Mist the best, then Rich Foam next. The Lime is good also. :biggrin1:

You guys have converted me, I'm definitely going to give this a try. There's a story up the road that may carry it, I really love living in the Indian part of the city.

I just tried the lime this morning, and got an excellent shave. I did however leave a little too much water in the brush before lathering it up, so I ended up with some huge soap suds before I got to the lather I wanted.

Then i did up some AOS lemon aftershave balm, so now my face is like a 7-Up

Godrej maybe the most bang for the buck of any shaving cream out there.

Perhaps among tube packaged creams.... But when you consider 450ml / 16 ounce tub of JM Frasers cream at $10 to $14 USD, it would take 9 of these $4 50g / 1.76oz tubes of Godej to equal that volume. So I'd hardly call it the most bang for the buck unless you're finding tubes for around $1.50 in an Indian specialty shop. Just saying......

Last edited:
Perhaps among tube packaged creams.... But when you consider 450ml / 16 ounce tub of JM Frasers cream at $10 to $14 USD, it would take 9 of these $4 50g / 1.76oz tubes of Godej to equal that volume. So I'd hardly call it the most bang for the buck unless you're finding tubes for around $1.50 in an Indian specialty shop. Just saying......

Well, Godrej actually comes in either 70 gram tubes, or 100 gram bonus tubes, so you're a bit off on your calculations, but you are right about Frasiers being probably the best value around. Still, Godrej is pretty sweet stuff.

Well, Godrej actually comes in either 70 gram tubes, or 100 gram bonus tubes, so you're a bit off on your calculations, but you are right about Frasiers being probably the best value around. Still, Godrej is pretty sweet stuff.
I pay around $5 for a 70 g tube here in the states, so price wise it is comparable/close to Musgo. I get a better deal on Erasmic (which performs better) but Godreg is right up there in terms of quality. Really, I'm not too worried about an extra buck, I'm shaving in the basement, price-wise.

Still, the low cost leader has to be ARKO, else the Frasiers.

Ah....I went with the description here from India's Namasti World which says 50g tubes.... oh well.

Honestly what I'd really like to see is a comparison among all the inexpensive creams including Godrej and Frasers. There's plenty of individual reviews and of the few included comparisons no substantive consensus.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Yeah, but he was talking about a cream that actually works.
Spackle is pretty cheap too, but I wouldn't shave with it!! :lol:

I pay around $5 for a 70 g tube here in the states, so price wise it is comparable/close to Musgo. I get a better deal on Erasmic (which performs better) but Godreg is right up there in terms of quality. Really, I'm not too worried about an extra buck, I'm shaving in the basement, price-wise.

Still, the low cost leader has to be ARKO, else the Frasiers.

Edit: just checked the price on Erasmic, a touch more expensive when compared to Godrej.

Yeah, but follow it with the Veg and that rough shave with wallboard compound starts to feel pretty good.

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it sounds good.

Last edited:

You ever tried the Canadian JM Fraser's?

proxy.php

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Edit: just checked the price on Erasmic, a touch more expensive when compared to Godrej.

Yeah, but follow it with the Veg and that rough shave with wallboard compound starts to feel pretty good.

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it sounds good.

Well, there isn't much that the Veg can't fix! :lol:

Top Bottom