What's new

Godrej Shaving Cream

Last week I visited an Asian supermarket in Phoenix, AZ and in the Indian aisle I found some Godrej shaving cream. They were priced at $1.49 so I bought 6 boxes/tubes (70g each), 2 of each scent.
I bought the Rich Foam, Lime Fresh, and Menthol Mist. I tried all of them for the past week and for me, I like the Menthol Mist the best. 2nd for me is the Lime Fresh. I do not really like the Rich Foam, I think it's the fragrance, but they all make a very nice lather plus they are low priced. I also like that there is lanolin in the cream.
I noticed from the reviews that there is one called Deluxe Lather, but I didn't see that type at the store.
Does Deluxe Lather smell better than the Rich Foam or are they pretty much the same?
Also I noticed that there is a packaged date with a 25 month expiration.

Also I noticed that there is a packaged date with a 25 month expiration.

I bought a tube last week - it expired on 03/08 :001_huh: I've used it a couple of times and there haven't been any problems with lathering. I guess i'm at a loss for words as to why a market would sell expired product.

I have all three types and menthol is my favorite too. They all work similarly - that is, very well. The scents are just OK, except maybe lime which is kind of nasty to me. It won't replace my Speick or Frasers, but it's good stuff.

Deluxe Lather and Rich Foam are the same thing packaged for different markets. Someone noted on here that one name (I forget which) is used within India and the other name is used for export, or some such distinction.

Anyway, a great performing and inexpensive product. Though I'm finding more and more that I need to be "in the mood" for the scent of the Deluxe.

I'm a fan of Godrej, too. (Click the link in my signature and watch the awesome TV commercials. I laugh every time.)

I think the Rich Foam/Deluxe Lather smells like concentrated car wash gel -- for better or worse. :smile:

I bought a tube last week - it expired on 03/08 :001_huh: I've used it a couple of times and there haven't been any problems with lathering. I guess i'm at a loss for words as to why a market would sell expired product.

No, I think you got it all wrong. If you ask me that tube expired on August 2003 :w00t:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Godrej is great stuff, even the smell of the Rich Foam doesn't put me off enough to miss out on the great lather and lanoliny goodness.
Never tried the limes tho...
If you like the cream, you have to try the Godrej Shaving Round soap. woo hoo.
As far as expiration dates go, meh...
It's shaving cream, I ain't gonna eat it.

Godrej is great stuff, even the smell of the Rich Foam doesn't put me off enough to miss out on the great lather and lanoliny goodness.
As far as expiration dates go, meh...
It's shaving cream, I ain't gonna eat it.

The limes smells just a touch artificial, and maybe a little candy-ish. Neither are a big problem for me in this case. Same great performance.

Where's the best place to find it? I checked in my local Indian grocery store (Seattle 'burbs), no luck :blushing:

If you can't find it locally, theshaveden.com carries the full line in their store. You do need to become a member of the site, but it's free to do so.

Where's the best place to find it? I checked in my local Indian grocery store (Seattle 'burbs), no luck :blushing:

I bought a tube a couple of months back at Continental Spice, Groceries, & Halal Meat, 7819 Aurora Ave N, Seattle. I haven't checked there lately.

Next time I am in Phoenix, I'll see if they have the Godrej Shaving Round Soap. I didn't look for it last time I was there, but next time I will. :c9:

Well I went back to the store to look for the shaving rounds. I didn't find them, also it looks like they are out of the Godrej Shaving Creams. I also looked for an alum block, but I didn't find anything. Looks like we cleaned them out. :c9:

as far as I know about expiration dates on soaps, chemicals and such etc, it just means its not going to be as potent from the expiration date onwards, but it will still work. Does anyone know the ingredients list?

I've got a few tubes of TOMS cream well past their expiration date. With the exception of having to soften them up a little with some warm water when I dig 'em from the den, they work and smell just fine.

I liked Godrej okay but it didn't like me too much. Something in it reacted with my face, gave me some serious burning and irritation.

But I was having razor burn at the time from other causes so it may have not been the cream as much as I thought it was. I may dig my tube out of Shaving Purgatory (under the bathroom sink) and give it another try.

Top Bottom