What's new

glue removal?

I have what appears to be a small travel size Omega boar.
The upper part is plastic, while the lower handle is all metal.
Upper fits into lower, but this has worked its way loose.
My plan is to pull out the existing knot and refit it, then glue the whole thing back together.

My problem is however, how to remove the old glue on the white upper plastic.
This covers up the Omega logo and stamp, and I'd like to keep that intact if possible, and even make it all pretty again.

Any thoughts?
I know some people say you can use hot water, but others have also indicated this can warp or destroy certain plastics and handle materials as well.
I'd rather not take that chance...
I can take pictures if it makes it easier to answer.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I think a photo is going to be the only way to know what's going on with your brush.

In general, you don't have many options. Most chemicals that loosen and remove glue will also loosen and dissolve plastic, so you can't just slop paint thinner or acetone all over the handle.

Good luck!

Pictures here!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

I guess the logo is more hidden from view that I had thought, but I still need to remove the glue.
Just sand away??

Those almost look like a mis-match. I can't think why a handle would be designed to cover the logo.

Those almost look like a mis-match. I can't think why a handle would be designed to cover the logo.

...or why the glue would extend so far over the top edge of the metal.

I guess I would just sand if I were going to put it back together the way it was found. I wonder if anyone can figure out if this is a proper match.

Top Bottom