What's new

GLP Stonehenge Flake is coming back

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So, about halfway through this bowl:

The chocolate isn't strong at all in the smoke, but it is there - especially on the retrohale. I am picking up the Lakeland, but like @cursethis said, it's very, very faint. A long, slow pull brings it out a bit. I'm not getting much perique, but that's not really a bad thing because I tend to not really enjoy the taste of perique until it's had some time to mature. I agree that this tastes "young", but I can really see the potential here.

This certainly sounds much more promising than horse manure and Play-Doh!

I think after this thread I'm gonna run to the store, get some Play Doh and a bag of Black Kow. Dry out the Play Doh with some Black Kow, load a pipe and give it a smoke.

I might end of marketing it as Stonewall Flake.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Care package arrived today...think I'll crack open the Stonehenge in a bit.

IMG_0004.JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Tried a bowl of the Stonehenge...got a kind of soapy or aro, kind of taste...that's the best I can describe it. Not my cup of tea. The taste is still in my mouth.

Burned a bowl in a Charatan while watching Pacquiao vs. Horn.

Sorry for the bad pic., and the rim charring on the pipe was there when I got it.

IMG_0004.JPG

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I got just a wisp of Lakeland on my batch. I wonder if he entire 3000 tin batch was done at once? Or in different batches making some more Lakelandish than others?

I wondered that too since it's now showed up on the dreaded P&C website as of today. Seems odd if it was done at once that a week later P&C got a supply.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I really haven't smoked much Lakeland that I know of, but reading some people's description of it that seems to be what I got out of it...soapy, grandma's old perfume, etc.

I'm gonna mix up some Tambolaka and Five Brothers burley and see if I can save the pipe.

I got just a wisp of Lakeland on my batch. I wonder if he entire 3000 tin batch was done at once? Or in different batches making some more Lakelandish than others?
Possible, but I think it's more likely that some people just have different receptors. While you or I might find something to be particularly mild, the same thing might strike others as overpowering. It's the classic YMMV. I mean...some guys enjoy smoking Grousemoor, for crying out loud. :a30:
I wondered that too since it's now showed up on the dreaded P&C website as of today. Seems odd if it was done at once that a week later P&C got a supply.

Or P&C still just can't be bothered with pipe smokers. Maybe their vaunted new software screwed up again.:sneaky2:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Possible, but I think it's more likely that some people just have different receptors. While you or I might find something to be particularly mild, the same thing might strike others as overpowering. It's the classic YMMV. I mean...some guys enjoy smoking Grousemoor, for crying out loud. :a30:

Or P&C still just can't be bothered with pipe smokers. Maybe their vaunted new software screwed up again.:sneaky2:

That's true, Lakelands don't bother me, while the smell of Tabac sickens me to no end. So just a faint Lakeland taste would likely barely register, but a whiff of Tabac...whew!

Easy on the Grousemoor there bud. I go through a lot of that stuff. If you hang it from fruit trees and wine grapes, it does a magnificent job of keeping deer and other beasties away.

As far as P&C goes, it's entirely possible that they were reluctantly sent some. I heard rumors that Scandinavian Tobacco Group stopped shipping Half & Half to P&C so as not to sully their reputation.

Haha true true! "Why did everyone else get it and we didn't?"

"I dunno....lets just show we have it and send out and email. By the time their order ships next spring we probably will have it".

Haha true true! "Why did everyone else get it and we didn't?"

"I dunno....lets just show we have it and send out and email. By the time their order ships next spring we probably will have it".
Either that, or they saw it was flying off the shelves elsewhere, so someone checked the warehouse and realized they had been shipped some in advance of the release bit never got around to opening the carton.

Either that, or they saw it was flying off the shelves elsewhere, so someone checked the warehouse and realized they had been shipped some in advance of the release bit never got around to opening the carton.

I can easily see that happening!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I think I finally got the soapy, perfumey taste out of the pipe...burley works wonders.

Anyone wanna go to the Stock Exchange?

Top Bottom