What's new

Give me your shaving stats!

Density: 5
Coarseness: 5
Day between shaving: every other day
Lenght of shaving: just less than 20 minutes, including shower, prep, etc.
Type of razor: fatboy

If you eliminate the shower from your above shave-time, how much time are we left with?

Please keep me in mind if you ever spot some great Canadian online shaving deals :)

Welcome aboard:thumbup:

As a note on shaving supplies, in case you were wondering:

Using the BST section of B&B is often a good bet.
Ordering from the US is also easy in most cases and ordering from European or UK vendors is a great option.
So, we are by no means limited.
On top that we have a number of local options too. Fendrihan is Canadian shaving staple that has been around as long as I can recall and then the Italian Barber is an excellent online option that has many items not available elsewhere and is also well priced.

Welcome aboard:thumbup:

As a note on shaving supplies, in case you were wondering:

Using the BST section of B&B is often a good bet.
Ordering from the US is also easy in most cases and ordering from European or UK vendors is a great option.
So, we are by no means limited.
On top that we have a number of local options too. Fendrihan is Canadian shaving staple that has been around as long as I can recall and then the Italian Barber is an excellent online option that has many items not available elsewhere and is also well priced.

So far I think my biggest source of shaving stuff has been amazon.ca. I like getting free shipping, and find that it usually puts me off from smaller purchases on websites like fendrihan, italianbarber, and menessentials. I bought some Arko off of a Turkish retailer on ebay, but that was the only time I ever got any shaving gear from ebay! I've never used the BST in earnest before, although I have taken a peek. Are you saying that it's easy to order off of international vendors here or in other places?

So far I think my biggest source of shaving stuff has been amazon.ca. I like getting free shipping, and find that it usually puts me off from smaller purchases on websites like fendrihan, italianbarber, and menessentials. I bought some Arko off of a Turkish retailer on ebay, but that was the only time I ever got any shaving gear from ebay! I've never used the BST in earnest before, although I have taken a peek. Are you saying that it's easy to order off of international vendors here or in other places?

I'm saying that many US vendors will ship to Canada with no hassles and that almost all Euro/UK vendors ship to Canada. I personally tend to order mostly from the UK because I find what I am looking for there, they are well priced, and shipping is quick.

On the BST you get to buy from other people on this forum. Sometimes they prefer to only ship locally, but often they are willing to ship to Canada after adjusting the price to recognize the small increase in shipping costs.

As far as free shipping is concerned, Italian Barber has free shipping for orders over $60. After adding an aftershave to your cart, 2 soaps, a nice boar brush, some blades, and a few other knickknacks, you are bound to be at the $60 mark anyway:w00t:

I'm saying that many US vendors will ship to Canada with no hassles and that almost all Euro/UK vendors ship to Canada. I personally tend to order mostly from the UK because I find what I am looking for there, they are well priced, and shipping is quick.

On the BST you get to buy from other people on this forum. Sometimes they prefer to only ship locally, but often they are willing to ship to Canada after adjusting the price to recognize the small increase in shipping costs.

As far as free shipping is concerned, Italian Barber has free shipping for orders over $60. After adding an aftershave to your cart, 2 soaps, a nice boar brush, some blades, and a few other knickknacks, you are bound to be at the $60 mark anyway:w00t:

I am married you know... I may dabble quite a bit in the wet-shaving world but I need to pace myself lest I get a serious talking to by my wife!! haha

Density: 6
Coarseness: 8
Day between shaving: 2? Every other day
Length of shaving: 10-15 minutes
Type of razor: DE

1. Density - 6 on cheeks and 8 on chin/goatee area
2. Course - 8
3. Days between-2 minimum; 4 maximum; 3 normally
4. Length of shave - 35 to 45 min. or until my son is finished playing bath time
5. Razor - Straight + DE

If you eliminate the shower from your above shave-time, how much time are we left with?

Hmmm. Probably 12-15 minutes, just for the shave. I certainly don't rush. But I like shaving, I don't love it, so I just do the pre-shave, build a good bowl lather, 2 careful passes and touch-up, cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, AS, balm, Coral Skin Food, all in about 15 minutes.

1) 4
2) 7
3) none, = everyday I shave
4) 10-15 DE (once or twice a week), 30-40 Straights
5) 80% Straight razor , 20% DE razor

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Density: 6
Coarseness: 8
Day between shaving: 1
Length of shaving: 15 mins.
Type of razor: Straight mostly

I have enough data (n=148 across 4 boards) but as a father of 2 I don't often get free time to do what I want :p I'll try to finish up the analysis on this coming sunday!

Top Bottom