What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

€45.56 just pulled the trigger,and very happy to do so simply for the fact that it wont cause me too much trouble if it shaves the same as the EJ or Muhle I use them in my rotation anyway.The up side of this purchase is, it will look very nice beside my other razors in my den.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Good job guys. The more Gillette sells the more they will make.

Now if one of you would kindly PIF me OMG [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am interested to know if there is a Gillette logo on the razor. I can’t see the bottom on any of the pictures. I don’t know why, but it would increase my interest.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I had to order it. I don't know how much I would use it...... but if Gillette is successful with sales then maybe they will offer other models. Hoping anyway. An open comb would be awesome
I clicked the buy it now button and pre-ordered it. The classic common bar handle will go with my New SC head, and I already like the EJ 89 head. The whole presentation is cool.

I clicked the buy it now button and pre-ordered it. The classic common bar handle will go with my New SC head, and I already like the EJ 89 head. The whole presentation is cool.

What is the common bar handle made of? It just says chrome plated, right? Is it brass like the original ones, or Zamak?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I think you all are assuming that it will just be an EJ rebranded. Gillette could have made their own head back too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

+1

Exactly, I think the trashing is more because is Gillette than because is Zamak, the price or an EJ... like I said there are plenty of overpriced china & india razors on the market, on much worst cases and nobody gives a damn...
+1. Nothing wrong with Zamack. Has everyone become a “go stainless or go home?”

+1. Nothing wrong with Zamack. Has everyone become a “go stainless or go home?”

I never said anything was wrong with Zamak. I simply said I prefer well-built stainless steel razors. I personally like the concept of “buy it for life” (BIFL) when I can apply it in my various hobbies. That’s just how I approach the DE shaving hobby. Doesn’t mean any multitude of other approaches are any more right or wrong. To each their own. There’s just nothing about that Gillette DE razor that causes me to want to buy it. Doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be excited about owning it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I guess I don't see the attraction. I own an EJ with a handle I like better than this one. The name Gillette doesn't really hold any good or ill will with me so I'm going to pass. I'd be more excited were Schick to reintroduce an Injector.

Sooo did everyone get a delivery date of Nov 5th?

and who is going to be #1 to post a shave report.....ALL else....is pure mental onanism.....and are you going to use the blades in the box.....

I will use it the day I get it.....for a head shave.....and with some sort of gillette blade not the one in the box.

and who is going to be #1 to post a shave report.....ALL else....is pure mental onanism.....and are you going to use the blades in the box.....

I will use it the day I get it.....for a head shave.....and with some sort of gillette blade not the one in the box.

I thought you didn't like the razor!

Raven Koenes

My precious!

I will definitely use the blade in the box. Gillette Platinum is my favorite blade out of St. Petersburg. I have about 800 of them already.

Yep, I got 5th November as the delivery date.
I will definitely use the blade in the box. Gillette Platinum is my favorite blade out of St. Petersburg. I have about 800 of them already.

Yep, I got 5th November as the delivery date. No, I won't use the blades in the box. I will go for a Gillette Super Silver.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I guess I don't see the attraction. I own an EJ with a handle I like better than this one. The name Gillette doesn't really hold any good or ill will with me so I'm going to pass. I'd be more excited were Schick to reintroduce an Injector.
The attraction is that it is an exact replica of the common bar handle used on the Gillette New's from 1929-1941.

Gillette NEW LC:
vintage-canadian-gillette-long-comb_1_cbe3601478dc40744a99958c407bfb18.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
What is the common bar handle made of? It just says chrome plated, right? Is it brass like the original ones, or Zamak?
No company on the face of the earth produces a zamak handle. All zamak razors use plated brass, or aluminum on the old Gillette Techs, for handles. In the dim past a German company made a zamak handle during WWII. They don't hold up especially when dropped. Google search zamak shaving handles or zamak shaving handle failures. You will get nothing because they don't exist.

I have two old post war Gillette Techs that have zamak heads Gillette used zamak for quite awhile.

Top Bottom