What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

Get your razor before your chance is gone forever. Don't be one of those unstable lads who cries out that they should have bought when they had the chance.
I have already got mine; minus the handle and presentation case.
IMG_0912a.JPG

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Oh, Gillette is playing the advertising game masterfully. First, they placed an obscure ad that cost hardly anything for a product a third party makes. Any profit is almost cost and risk free.

Now, on the top of the product page, the also viewed products are listed. They include Merkur and Viking. Eventually, the Gillette razor will show up on the Merkur and Viking listings. Amazon is also gathering data on who to target with sponsored ads.

Today, they added a killer phrase: LIMITED QUANTITY.

Watch the Amazon ranking continue to rise. Don't miss out. Get your razor before your chance is gone forever. Don't be one of those unstable lads who cries out that they should have bought when they had the chance.
1.jpg
:lol1:

Last edited:
I know P&G doesn't like to keep inventory. I also know they'd like to use the smallest assembly line possible and run it 24 hours a day. This is just their basic philosophy. I suspect we will start seeing reviews soon from early deliveries.

I think what has happened in Gillette licensed their name to EJ and will split profits with them.

Gillette does not have the infrastructure to produce safety razors currently. EJ does. By loaning EJ their name Gillette is guaranteed a quality product

On top of that, the next thing you know Gillette will be leasing their trademark to razor blade manufacturers.

They already do this in Russia and India. Those gillette nacet's, silver blues and 7 o'clocks aren't made by gillette, they agreed to license their name in exchange for a cut of the profits. I assume astra will eventually be called gillette astra. Same thing in india, "gillette wilkinson sword" and gillette 365. Not sure about china, they have blue blades but they're incredibly expensive for some reason.

Last edited:
They already do this in Russia and India. Those gillette nacet's, silver blues and 7 o'clocks aren't made by gillette, they agreed to license their name in exchange for a cut of the profits. I assume astra will eventually be called gillette astra. Same thing in india, "gillette wilkinson sword" and gillette 365. Not sure about china, they have blue blades but they're incredibly expensive for some reason.
Gillette Shanghai Ltd is a joint venture with Shanghai Razor Blade Factory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There's such an unreasonable amount of trashing this razor and Gillette going on over this.

It's just a razor guys. Gillette execs won't be coming to your house to steal your Wolfman, Ikon, Timeless, etc. razors and forcing you to buy this.

But it probably has a zamak head! Ok, and so do Merkurs and Edwin Jaggers and others. If you only do stainless steel, there are plenty of razors out there for you. Bronze? That too. Titanium? Yup. Aluminum? Yeah, that too. Raw brass? Uh-huh. This razor being released doesn't have any impact on the razors we all love.

It does a disservice to the wetshaving community? If so, I apologize for ordering one. But I don't see how. I'll spend $35 on more Stirling and Soap Commander too, don't worry. The way I see it, there's a place in the wetshaving community for this, Vanderhagen razors, Vikings Blade, Bali, etc. Italian Barber can make exact replicas of the Wolfman razor and the Captain's Choice bowl and people don't cry out with this kind of fervor.

It's moving up on the Amazon rankings? Cool. I'm sure that more a function of Amazon than Gillette. Or the consumers. I didn't even know that Amazon had product rankings. But if it helps them sell product, they're likely working it hard. But I don't see how Gillette can be "blamed" for an Amazon ranking.

It's just another razor guys, no need for us to get our panties in a bunch over it.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I was joking sarcastically. I already know Gillette licenses their name to St. Petersberg etc. There seems to be building conspiracy theories about Gillette's motives in releasing the Heritage Razor lol. One of them is that they will corner DE market and make us all pay more ruining our hobby. :lol1:

Last edited:
There's such an unreasonable amount of trashing this razor and Gillette going on over this.

It's just a razor guys. Gillette execs won't be coming to your house to steal your Wolfman, Ikon, Timeless, etc. razors and forcing you to buy this.

But it probably has a zamak head! Ok, and so do Merkurs and Edwin Jaggers and others. If you only do stainless steel, there are plenty of razors out there for you. Bronze? That too. Titanium? Yup. Aluminum? Yeah, that too. Raw brass? Uh-huh. This razor being released doesn't have any impact on the razors we all love.

It does a disservice to the wetshaving community? If so, I apologize for ordering one. But I don't see how. I'll spend $35 on more Stirling and Soap Commander too, don't worry. The way I see it, there's a place in the wetshaving community for this, Vanderhagen razors, Vikings Blade, Bali, etc. Italian Barber can make exact replicas of the Wolfman razor and the Captain's Choice bowl and people don't cry out with this kind of fervor.

It's moving up on the Amazon rankings? Cool. I'm sure that more a function of Amazon than Gillette. Or the consumers. I didn't even know that Amazon had product rankings. But if it helps them sell product, they're likely working it hard. But I don't see how Gillette can be "blamed" for an Amazon ranking.

It's just another razor guys, no need for us to get our panties in a bunch over it.

+1

Exactly, I think the trashing is more because is Gillette than because is Zamak, the price or an EJ... like I said there are plenty of overpriced china & india razors on the market, on much worst cases and nobody gives a damn...

I see no issues with the razor. Good head geometry, good finish (the best in the business if EJ did it), good price, looks cool, nice box. I really want to loath it but honestly it's good. It's good. If I was an EJ and Gillette user I'd call it great.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I’m waiting to read some reviews. It looks like a nice razor for the price. It is in US dollars so the price for us here in Australia is just over $50.00 plus post. I looked it up and they say that they will post it to Australia. I like to see new razors on the market regardless of who makes them. They certainly have got us talking about it, haven’t they?

I'm with you...though I'm trying really hard not to pull the trigger on it. The thing is I wouldn't use it more than once or twice...but dang...love the retro fat handle...

I had to order it. I don't know how much I would use it...... but if Gillette is successful with sales then maybe they will offer other models. Hoping anyway. An open comb would be awesome

I had to buy it. Lol. Don't know why but Ken from Kensurfs ordered two and I can't live in a world where he has two and I have none. :)

Top Bottom