What's new

Gillette Super Adjustables from 1988?

Hello guys. I am looking for a little help. I am also a 6 year editor for Wikipedia and on their "Gillette" article under the double edge adjustable razor section they say that the double edge adjustables were produced from 1956 to 1986 - but it is un-referenced. For me, the first date code is A-3 and I have photos to prove it. That would be 1955 as a start date. However, I have no photos of date codes for Super Adjustables (Black Beauties) for 1988. I believe I got that date (1988) from sale histories on eBay; but time has washed that proof all away. For that model, the date code would be stamped into the blade bed and exposed when you open the silo doors and look in. If anyone could give me a photo of a date code in 1988, it would be greatly appreciated. Even better if you can give me an I-2. With that evidence I would be able to change/edit the "Gillette" article page and change the range from 1955 to 1988. I would also use your photo on my site and credit it to you. Any takers?

R

romsitsa

Hello Glenn,

thank you, but this time credit goes to google. Hopefully there is a member with an I2 for proper photos.

Adam

this picture is from the B&B member mark_mw:

1988 (I2) Super-Adjustable from mark_mw-01.jpg

Thank you. You think he could have hit that with a tooth brush before he pulled out his camera? Ha! I just PMed Mark. Thanks again.

Wow, @GlennConti, your posts are always educational. :001_smile

Thanks Chief! I updated the Wiki article "Gillette" with the new info. So far it stands. 12 hours later and no other editor has undone my edits. The longer the better. You never know with Wikipedia; there are lots of rules and some editors act like lawyers and gatekeepers. The page is protected so only experienced editors can modify it. The article is looking for reference sources, so I added my site. Sources like the New York Times aren't doing in-depth articles on Gillette razors so they should be happy to get my site as a source. But who knows?! We shall see...

Thanks Chief! I updated the Wiki article "Gillette" with the new info. So far it stands. 12 hours later and no other editor has undone my edits. The longer the better. You never know with Wikipedia; there are lots of rules and some editors act like lawyers and gatekeepers. The page is protected so only experienced editors can modify it. The article is looking for reference sources, so I added my site. Sources like the New York Times aren't doing in-depth articles on Gillette razors so they should be happy to get my site as a source. But who knows?! We shall see...

Thanks for the promotion, but I topped out as an E5, second class petty officer. Your information is invaluable as a resource. Glad you are putting this all together. :thumbup1:

Thanks for the promotion, but I topped out as an E5, second class petty officer. Your information is invaluable as a resource. Glad you are putting this all together. :thumbup1:

Slow day so I can chat. Just ignore me if I'm boring. I just looked up an E-5; kind of equivalent to a Sergeant or a GS-6 civilian employee. Thanks again for your service - it takes real guts to do what you did. I just missed Vietnam so for my service, I became a civilian employee of the Air Force. Was a computer programmer for them at the Pentagon. Made it to a GS-7. Could leave when I wanted - no tour of duty. So I left after a couple of years. Doesn't compare though. Pushing a pencil. Pretty sure I was using an Atra at the time.

Last edited:
Slow day so I can chat. Just ignore me if I'm boring. I just looked up an E-5; kind of equivalent to a Sergeant or a GS-6 civilian employee. Thanks again for your service - it takes real guts to do what you did. I just missed Vietnam so for my service, I became a civilian employee of the Air Force. Was a computer programmer for them at the Pentagon. Made it to a GS-7. Could leave when I wanted - no tour of duty. So I left after a couple of years. Doesn't compare though. Pushing a pencil. Pretty sure I was using an Atra at the time.

Ha! I was using an Atra, too. E5 is a Sergeant in the Marines and Army, Tech Sergeant in the Air Force, and Second Class Petty Officer in the Navy and Coast Guard. I made it from E1 - E5 in less than four years, stayed in for six years active duty, and cashed in my chips and went to college on the old GI Bill. It was a good move, both enlisting and getting out when I did. I got what I wanted from them, and they got their money's worth from me.

Top Bottom