What's new

Gillette Slim Twist

Tonight I thought I’d do something different and use a razor I haven’t used for awhile. I loaded up a fresh Gillette green blade into my Slim Twist razor. This razor has always given me good shaves, it had sat in a drawer for awhile. It is in practically mint condition with a white plastic handle. I will use it for my next shave day after tomorrow. Who else here uses a Slim Twist at times? What are your thoughts on it?

Yes, they are good razors. The all metal purists on this board are often put off by the plastic handle. I like this model, and definitely prefer the flat handle to the later Super Slimtwist and G1000. Have more than 10. White and black handled. Rectangular and diamond bottom plate. Gillette, Rotbart and even a boxed Nacet.

Here is the blue one
0D87B4D6-9203-4FF0-9A10-E9A8696E97A6.jpeg

I believe the Gillette Slim Twists were all made in England and the Knacks (with the small, thin plastic handles) were made in the US, but I have nothing to go on to confirm. I have a Knack with the blue handle, and I've used it a few times and it shaves well (it's a SuperSpeed head after all), but the thin handle is harder for me to grip with my big meat hook fingers, so the Slim Twist looks easier to hold.
knack.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My birth quarter razor.

Yes, there's some soap scum on it.
No, I don't keep my razors polished.

IMG_20220518_164534.jpg

IMG_20220518_163421.jpg

IMG_20220518_163408.jpg

IMG_20220518_163155.jpg

It's OK. One of only two old Gillettes that I have used (the other being a Tech, which I gave away). It's a little head heavy though, and I prefer the balance point of the razor to be somewhere between the centrelines of my index and middle finger.

I can get a good shave with It, but it doesn't wow me. Were it not for the added novelty factor of it having appeared into the world at the same time as me, I think I would have probably moved it on.

Top Bottom