What's new

Gillette Slim Twist? Gillette 1000? Gillette G2000? Help Identify please

I bought a razor identified as a 'slim twist' ... but it looks a lot like the G1000/G2000 I see photos of.

Here is the one I bought -
$SlimTwist_005.jpg$SlimTwist_006.jpg

As you can see - it has a ribbed handle, and it states 'Made in England' on the bottom of the base and it is a K date code.
Very often, when I see a slim twist or 'knack', it has a larger (longer) area of chrome at the head and a band of chrome at the bottom of the handle like this one (not my razor)

$Knack003.jpg

Continued -

Last edited:
Here are a couple photos of the German G2000 ... were they also made in England for distribution in Germany?
View attachment 643572View attachment 643573

My last question is? Do the date codes for Gillettes made in England correspond with the US date codes? So is my K a 1965?

These are photos I grabbed from Google and I don't know the accuracy of the inserted type when it's there

I am leaning in the direction that mine is a German G2000, as I go it on a eBay auction and it is on the way to me from Bulgaria and I think it is more likely to make to Bulgaria from Germany, than from England ... but who knows?

Thanks

Last edited:
The type of razor is a Slim Twist. For that model "K" means 1990. G1000 and G2000 are names of the package: G1000 only with razor, G2000 razor and blade dispenser. They are all Made in England for the european market.

3 sentences......that's all Mr. Razor needs to slap some serious knowledge on us. Sir, you are the best.

Thanks - the wealth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me ... now I just need to unload it :w00t:
I only bought it because I thought it was a birth-year for me ... but I'm not 25 years old.

But the good news is that I have all the razors made in 1965 and I don't need to look for any others. Woo Hoo!

All the razors? :001_unsur Probably just Gillettes.

Well - I don't know ... the Schick's I've seen have a date range, but not a firm year of manufacture.

If you know of any 1965 produced DE razors I would love to hear of them.

I have a Tech, Travel Tech, Super Speed 'Flair Tip', Slim Adjustable, Lady (Blue Star), even a Techmatic .... all K code 1965.

If there are more, I'd like to know

Well - I don't know ... the Schick's I've seen have a date range, but not a firm year of manufacture.

If you know of any 1965 produced DE razors I would love to hear of them.

I have a Tech, Travel Tech, Super Speed 'Flair Tip', Slim Adjustable, Lady (Blue Star), even a Techmatic .... all K code 1965.

If there are more, I'd like to know

There are four color variations of the Lady Gillette alone, not to mention the Aristocrat which is a gold Slim, there are Black handle Lair tip and Regular Flair tip for 1965 as well if I remember correctly, could be mistaken.

There are four color variations of the Lady Gillette alone, not to mention the Aristocrat which is a gold Slim, there are Black handle Lair tip and Regular Flair tip for 1965 as well if I remember correctly, could be mistaken.

I went to B&B Wiki date chart and they indicate that the Black Handle Super Speed was made from 1966 to 1988 http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_Black_Handle_Super_Speed and although you didn't mention it, the black handle Super Adjustable began in 1968 - so there should be no K codes for that one either.

I kind of decided that I have the Lady in blue and that is a representation of the style, and I didn't need the other colors ... but now I don't know. I will probably keep my eye open for them ....

A question about the Lady - mine is in a baby blue plastic case. I've seen other cased Lady Gillettes as well, all in a blue case. Were there other color cases for the colored razors? I've never seen a yellow (champagne) case or a pinkish/red case.

That leaves the Aristocrat. I saw an Aristocrat K1 for 120.00 when I searched, but it was in Bulgaria, and I'm not certain I want to try for it

I went to B&B Wiki date chart and they indicate that the Black Handle Super Speed was made from 1966 to 1988 http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_Black_Handle_Super_Speed and although you didn't mention it, the black handle Super Adjustable began in 1968 - so there should be no K codes for that one either.

I kind of decided that I have the Lady in blue and that is a representation of the style, and I didn't need the other colors ... but now I don't know. I will probably keep my eye open for them ....

A question about the Lady - mine is in a baby blue plastic case. I've seen other cased Lady Gillettes as well, all in a blue case. Were there other color cases for the colored razors? I've never seen a yellow (champagne) case or a pinkish/red case.

That leaves the Aristocrat. I saw an Aristocrat K1 for 120.00 when I searched, but it was in Bulgaria, and I'm not certain I want to try for it
There was 2 blue variations of razors.
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_Lady_Gillette
View attachment 643806

The cases

View attachment 643804$1973 (T1) Lady Gillette Blue.jpg

Last edited:

Cool - so far, my reading has led me to believe that the term 'Flair Tip' was a consumer/collector coined term and one that Gillette never used to market the razor, but the actual name of the razor was a 'Super Speed' .... but the Super Speed with the black handle came out in 1966 - and I have a 1965 K-4 in silver, so I think I'm good there.

My goal is to collect razors from 1965 (birth year) I don't know if I want all variations of the razors (like all the colors of the Lady) but I'm still deciding if having a representation of 'a Lady' is good enough to suit my needs and wants

Cool - so far, my reading has led me to believe that the term 'Flair Tip' was a consumer/collector coined term and one that Gillette never used to market the razor, but the actual name of the razor was a 'Super Speed' .... but the Super Speed with the black handle came out in 1966 - and I have a 1965 K-4 in silver, so I think I'm good there.

My goal is to collect razors from 1965 (birth year) I don't know if I want all variations of the razors (like all the colors of the Lady) but I'm still deciding if having a representation of 'a Lady' is good enough to suit my needs and wants
Yes,the notched, unnotched, flaretip, tantip, 40's Superspeed are a few civilian coined names not coined by Gillette.

$Screenshot_2016-03-11-13-34-38.jpg

Top Bottom