What's new

Gillette Silver Blue

GSB and Perma-Sharp Super are my favourite blades out of the 40+ I’ve tried. I have others I like but none come close to these two. They both provide me with the smoothest and closest shaves of any blades and never have to worry about any weepers or irritation.

I was comparing it with Gillette Platinum of similar packaging. I found GSB a lot smoother in comparison. I do prefer the Platinums though because I'm a blade feel kinda person.

I have been using GSB in a Gillette Big Fellow daily for about the past 3 weeks - I have been getting 4 smooth shaves per blade with high sharpness for the first 3 days and a bit of a drop off on day 4. For the prior month, I was using Gillette Bleue Extras which I find are even better than GSB's but they are unobtanium now. I just swapped the GSB out to try a Volkshod with the Big Fellow tomorrow just to see how different they are.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
GSB is a well-known favorite of many. It's the gold standard by which I judge all other blades in a razor. Glad you found it!
Same here. The next best for me is Astra SS. Then Silver Star.

And, ha! tomorrow I may have another that is a nearly equal blade. It is the only reason I try any other blade. After one has done DE shaving for a while, you have to look for "new surprise finds" when it comes to blades.

Similar to @Sisyphos I didn't get along with the GSB's I've tried. They just don't feel overly smooth to me. I much prefer 7 O'Clock Yellows and the new King C blades.

Same here. The next best for me is Astra SS. Then Silver Star.

And, ha! tomorrow I may have another that is a nearly equal blade. It is the only reason I try any other blade. After one has done DE shaving for a while, you have to look for "new surprise finds" when it comes to blades.
And have extra space for all the New surprise finds lol

Top Bottom