What's new

Gillette Sheraton replate

I picked up this Gillette Sheraton for cheap and wanted to have it replated. The before pictures are after I was able to get it cleaned up to the best of my ability. It was extremely nasty when it arrived at my house.

I contacted Chris Spencer at Backroads Gold and asked him if he could repair the inoperable door and replate it in gold. He said that it could be done and to send it to him when I was ready. I am beyond impressed on how nice it turned out and will definitely be using him for any future replate needs.
20220404_114726.jpg
20220418_143104.jpg
20220418_143111.jpg

I still haven't replated anything, but I have a few razors that I'm going to send at some point and I'm definitely going to send them to Back Roads Gold and skip the rest.
I have used another company for razor replates a few years ago and those razors don't look nearly as good as this one. Also, it was such an easy process setting everything up for Back Roads Gold, I can't say that about the other company that I used in the past.

I have used another company for razor replates a few years ago and those razors don't look nearly as good as this one. Also, it was such an easy process setting everything up for Back Roads Gold, I can't say that about the other company that I used in the past.

That's exactly what others have told me too. Easy to work with, the prices are reasonable and the results are great.

I haven't sent Chris anything to be replated but I've purchased a New open comb long in 24K gold and a Slim adjustable in palladium from him. They're both outstanding. He does great work.

Chris did beautiful work on your Gillette Sheraton. You now have an heirloom and a wonderful shaver.
Chris at Back Roads Gold, made my 1948 Gillette Aristocrat brand new. Perfectly gold plated, perfect alignment and works like greased lightning. He may be the best at plating and restoration of vintage razors. Highly recommended.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My experience with Chris was wonderful. I sent him a unicorn (Hybrid Tech) to be re-plated in nickel. With no prompting from me, he re-plated it in rhodium and even added two additional top caps - just because! I would trust him completely to do a great job at a very reasonable cost. Honesty, integrity and talent.

Top Bottom