What's new

Gillette Prototype!

i would rank the anglo american aristocrat as prototype, too

I think it was at best inconsiderate of Gillette to do this and only leave these breadcrumb trails every ten years or so.

1940ish Regent Tech. No advertising found that I know of.

1950ish The Anglo American Aristocrat and the American Rocket. No advertising.

1960 Bottom Dial, Chrome Toggle, Red Dot Fat Boy No advertising.

Just plain inconsiderate...... :001_smile

by the power vested in me by the Queen, I Maxime D. bestow upon this razor the name of 'Tooth-Comb Super Speed Prototype'.

I think it was at best inconsiderate of Gillette to do this and only leave these breadcrumb trails every ten years or so.

1940ish Regent Tech. No advertising found that I know of.

1950ish The Anglo American Aristocrat and the American Rocket. No advertising.

1960 Bottom Dial, Chrome Toggle, Red Dot Fat Boy No advertising.

Just plain inconsiderate...... :001_smile
Agreed:cursing:

I still think the most logical story for the Anglo-American Aristocrat is that Gillette shipped handles from the U.S. to be assembled with heads in the British plant, either in the very early days as WWII was starting up in Europe, or (more likely) immediately after WWII as the plant would have been getting production back up and running. In either time frame it would have been logical that the British plant would have had a harder time coming by brass tube stock for their own production. In that case I wouldn't really call it a "prototype," per se. They wouldn't have been trying something out as much as they were making do with what was available.

When you are doing mass production, you always have overstocks of parts. These were hard times for the Brits so it's seems logical that Gillette USA sent these overstock to the Brits.

I still think the most logical story for the Anglo-American Aristocrat is that Gillette shipped handles from the U.S. to be assembled with heads in the British plant, either in the very early days as WWII was starting up in Europe, or (more likely) immediately after WWII as the plant would have been getting production back up and running. In either time frame it would have been logical that the British plant would have had a harder time coming by brass tube stock for their own production. In that case I wouldn't really call it a "prototype," per se. They wouldn't have been trying something out as much as they were making do with what was available.

Top Bottom