What's new

Gillette New Debutante set ID help please

I have a blue cased Debutante and wondered if it was genuine but thanks to all this information I am now certain it is. Thanks guys you rock! X

I spotted another New Debutante set on eBay, item number 131235407462, over the weekend. Since the auction is over, I thought I would post this. I too, am certain these sets are correct.

Could someone please pull the photos off the eBay listing and post them here? Also Tezlin, could you post some photos of your set here? I would like to compare them. I don't know how to transfer photos from one spot to another, I'm kind of computer illiterate. Besides that I don't have a computer, just an iPhone. Thanks for any assistance in advance.

$$_57 (5).jpg
$$_57 (4).jpg
$$_57 (1).jpg
$$_57 (2).jpg
$$_57 (3).jpg

Hi all. I just posted and had this debutante id'ed in another thread I created. Not sure what old versus new means. I have a few pics along with another one comparing a similar razor that I have. The head on the debutante has silver down the middle but I'm told it's supposed to be gold colored. I have it cleaned up pretty good and debated trying it out (maybe after getting a ball end for it). I don't know much about the history of different razors (trying to find a book). Basically I saw a commercial for the pawn star guy selling the microtouch one and then for my first Gillette (a slim) in an antique store. Then my boss gave me a box she bought in a yard sale that had 10 razors, a mixture of adjustable Gillettes, a fat boy, a gem razor, and these guys. She paid 3 bucks for the box. I've since traded an adjustable for two Parkers and sold one of my other adjustables (there were 4). I've been able to id and decide the letter number combo on the adjustables but still pretty lost on the rest. I'm very thankful for all the help I've gotten since joining B&B. Maybe I could get some more info on this thread? Were the Debutantes only for women or am I correct reading some of the posts here that they are just old types in a case that I just says debutante?
$uploadfromtaptalk1455595491396.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1455595501653.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1455595516470.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1455595526351.jpg

Hello again Moriarty_bear, the razor set you have there is the early version of the Debutante set. I think it was marketed for women, however, it contained a standard men's Ball End Old Type razor. When Gillette began producing their New and New Improved razors was when the New Debutante set came out. The timeframe for the Debutante Old Type set was from the mid 1920's to 1931 or so, and the New Debutante set came out sometime after 1931. Or at least that is what I believe. There is some folks though, who don't believe a New Debutante set exists at all.

Hello again Moriarty_bear, the razor set you have there is the early version of the Debutante set. I think it was marketed for women, however, it contained a standard men's Ball End Old Type razor. When Gillette began producing their New and New Improved razors was when the New Debutante set came out. The timeframe for the Debutante Old Type set was from the mid 1920's to 1931 or so, and the New Debutante set came out sometime after 1931. Or at least that is what I believe. There is some folks though, who don't believe a New Debutante set exists at all.
Thanks. Still need to get the stuff together and try that trick to clean the case that you talked about. Here's to hoping case cleans up as nice as the razor

Another Gillette New Debutante set discovered!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331996241175

i I just scored this set. It is probably the best example I have ever seen. I just couldn't help myself. I was down to one other set anyway, since I had given most of the ones I had away. I think I'll keep this one though. Have a great night all.

Top Bottom