What's new

Gillette Aristocrat Jr.

I have the same Aristocrat Junior and the head is the same as my 1946 Ranger Tech. This has the uncreased blade tray. Have another AJ with the crease blade tray but still unnotched, and still on the AJ handle. Very interesting, both shave quite well IMO.
Interesting, the first I’ve really seen of these having the uncreased tray. I haven’t looked at them long but all the ones for sale on eBay seem to be unnotched and creased.

Interesting, the first I’ve really seen of these having the uncreased tray. I haven’t looked at them long but all the ones for sale on eBay seem to be unnotched and creased.
I've read in the past that Gillette would probably use up left over parts from previous production, while phasing in the new. Functionality was not affected except for maybe slight differences in shave results. Thus the different examples of the same so-called razor. I do prefer the shave from the unnotched and uncreased. Same shave as the 41 and 46 Ranger Techs!

The Aristocrat Jr. Arrived today. Really happy with it - looks almost immaculate.
I think these are my new favourites; quite a hefty 72g, and the twist to open feels a lot smoother and tighter than any of the superspeeds and Rockets .. will give it a go tomorrow.
My Aristocrat Jr. was purchased from Canada, and called the New Improved Gillette Rocket on the instruction sheet. Clear and red case, says Gillette Rocket One Piece Razor. Case produced in Montreal Canada. Came with a Beige blade dispenser with 10 Gillette Blue Blades. They look black to me. Nice set, shaves more aggressively than any other Rocket or Super Speed I have. Will bite if you are not careful.

Top Bottom