What's new

Gillette 7 o'clock blades - made in India

Hi

Does anyone know which double edge blades are still made in India. On one of my previous trips to India I could only find Gillette Wilkinson and Gillette Blacks plus some Topaz which I didn't try.

Gillette Wilkinson are below average for me.

Gillette Blacks are OK. I have a feeling that they don't make Gillette Blacks anymore in India but someone has setup a factory to knock out these fake cheap stuff.

Happy to hear your views if you know of which quality DE blades are still worth considering from India.

Best,

V

The two members of the Gillette 7 O'Clock line manufactured in India are the Permasharp Stainless (Green) and the Super Platinum (Black)

Gillette used to make Super Platinums in St. Petersburg, Russia which were packaged in a blue box, but can now only be found from vendors which sell NOS.

The two members of the Gillette 7 O'Clock line manufactured in India are the Permasharp Stainless (Green) and the Super Platinum (Black)

View attachment 718304

View attachment 718305

Gillette used to make Super Platinums in St. Petersburg, Russia which were packaged in a blue box, but can now only be found from vendors which sell NOS.

+1

IMHO -
The 7 O'Clock Green is the better blade, I find them to be very smooth, comfortable and enjoyable to use and sharp enough for 4 good shaves per blade before they start to dull, also very reasonably priced on eBay
The 7 O'Clock Black is still sharp enough for 4 good shaves per blade, but not very smooth or comfortable to use, no weepers or irritation, but it felt like my face was being licked by a cat, I also think that they're overpriced on eBay

I've heard good things about the Supermax Super Platinum. I tried the normal Platinum variety, though, and it felt dull. I do consider myself a big fan of the Gillette Blacks and the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades.

7 O'clock blacks are one of my all-time favorites. In the US, they're on the expensive side. I'd love to learn how much they cost in India.

I just came back from Southern India (Karnataka) and Blacks and Greens were not as easy to find as I had hoped. Was also *very* difficult to bargain down the price even when buying a whole sheet. MRP for Blacks is 55 rupees for a tuck of 5+2. I found no-one in bazaars or mini-shops willing to sell me a sheet of 20 tucks for less than 960 rupees. :sob:

Top Bottom