What's new

Gillette 1941 ranger tech VS late 40's Aristocrat.!!

Which of the two is your favorite, and why.??

$_32.jpeg.jpg
$_57.jpeg.jpg

There's something about the Aristocrat that, to my eye, makes it one of the best looking razors ever produced. The Ranger, which I don't own...yet, is a great looking razor too. But it's more industrial or utilitarian in design and, while beautiful in its own right, is edged out by the Aristocrat.

Gentlemen, this is why I enjoy this forum so much. Hearing your different perspectives is crucial for me, and really helps me to clarify my thoughts. :001_smile:biggrin1:
Thank you all, I much appreciated.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The Aristocrat looks and feels great with its fatter handle and gold bling, but that Ranger is the grand daddy of the millions of iconic Super Speeds and is probably much more scarce.

You will need to retain both for your pleasure.

The Aristocrat looks and feels great with its fatter handle and gold bling, but that Ranger is the grand daddy of the millions of iconic Super Speeds and is probably much more scarce.

You will need to retain both for your pleasure.
I can not agree more with your statement :biggrin1:

I have no experience with a ranger unfortunately. But, I will say my 1946 Gillette aristocrat is a very good razor. (I find myself shaving with it way more often than any other razor as of yet. I do have a 1961 fat boy on the way tho, which may be a contender.) I love the gold, especially if you get one in good condition. I’d say it’s medium with aggressiveness. Pretty smooth. For me, the shorter handle style is both visually more attractive, as well as more convient for getting it into tighter spaces such as right under the nose. Of course, IMO, and ymmv.

I used to have an Aristocrat that I sold (the gold wash finish on it was just so so), and I have Ranger that has been re-plated in nickel. I like the Ranger a little bit better.

Top Bottom