What's new

Getting lazy

I've been working from home here and there lately as opposed to going into the office...and skipping the shave those days has happened.

I've actually been moving the opposite direction, spending MORE time shaving because I switched from DE/SE to a Feather SS shavette. You have to pay attention.

I prefer to get up earlier and enjoy my shave. YMMV, as they say.

I've actually been moving the opposite direction, spending MORE time shaving because I switched from DE/SE to a Feather SS shavette. You have to pay attention.

I prefer to get up earlier and enjoy my shave. YMMV, as they say.
Nice! Same case for me. I need to spend a good quality 20 minute to enjoy shaving, if not more.

I can lather up and give myself a full 3-pass shave in ten minutes if I use cream instead of soap. No need to cut corners.

Of course I've worn a goatee for 20 years, so not having to shave that area is a time saver.

heh, if I don't have to go out, the only reason to shave is to get rid of the skritch I don't like... Leave it enough days and I don't even notice it anymore.

... however...

my CAT has taken to padding me with His paw, right paw if you must ask, at 6:30 in the morning to remind me I need to take my morning medications. Things are really getting out of hand since everyone else left. That darn cat is getting too smart for me. ...and pushy too...

My weekday shave is a pretty quick one, given that I like to sleep as much as I can until the last minute. I will generally lather x 1-2 minutes and then do a 1 pass shave with a bit of overlap (1.5 passes, effectively). If I'm in a big hurry, it's a 1 pass shave with 30 seconds of lathering (or, if I don't need to shave such as a non-work day, I skip it until later in the day or simply skip it for the day). I only shave with DE/SE razors; I'm not convinced that a cartridge would be faster than a decent 1 pass shave with a mild DE razor, and I can face lather a cream decently in under 60 seconds.

Thanks to the Army, I can knock out a three pass shave in a little over 5 minutes, and pass inspection, not recommended for beginners. Today, as a civilian, I can take my time and enjoy a shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks to the Army, I can knock out a three pass shave in a little over 5 minutes, and pass inspection, not recommended for beginners. Today, as a civilian, I can take my time and enjoy a shave.
Thanks so much for your service! At least we all know you got one excellent skill from the Army!

FarmerTan

heh, if I don't have to go out, the only reason to shave is to get rid of the skritch I don't like... Leave it enough days and I don't even notice it anymore.

... however...

my CAT has taken to padding me with His paw, right paw if you must ask, at 6:30 in the morning to remind me I need to take my morning medications. Things are really getting out of hand since everyone else left. That darn cat is getting too smart for me. ...and pushy too...
Cats are good for what ails ya! I have two, one is Satan spawn, the other a lover. Both allow me to live here.

I travel with a Guard or Sensor cart along with shaving cream. No brush. Quick and works great. Agree it’s not as close as my typical DE shave.

Can’t think about it too much - calls the question on the home DE shaves.

This afternoon I was at the market when a mature woman accosted me and said, "Excuse me, are you _____? You were my faculty advisor in 2001."

Retirement is good, fellas.
I get those kinds of questions now, even though retirement is still 2-3 years away. One of the benefits of being at the same university for nearly thirty years, I suppose.

I was asked to give a talk at a local company last year, and after my remarks their youngish HR director came up to me and said she thought we had met before because my name sounded familiar. We went through the usual "have you ever been to ..." and couldn't find any commonalities. After a few minutes she had to go put out a fire, and when she came back, she told me she had figured it out. Turns out her Dad was in one of my classes when he got his MBA about 25 years ago. She thought it was hilarious...I just felt "experienced."

FarmerTan

I get those kinds of questions now, even though retirement is still 2-3 years away. One of the benefits of being at the same university for nearly thirty years, I suppose.

I was asked to give a talk at a local company last year, and after my remarks their youngish HR director came up to me and said she thought we had met before because my name sounded familiar. We went through the usual "have you ever been to ..." and couldn't find any commonalities. After a few minutes she had to go put out a fire, and when she came back, she told me she had figured it out. Turns out her Dad was in one of my classes when he got his MBA about 25 years ago. She thought it was hilarious...I just felt "experienced."
Excellent story!

This is my routine. :)

I don't like to feel rushed when I shave.

Plus, it is far more important, to me, to be clean shaven when I go to bed. ;)

This reminds me of a video on YouTube I watched some weeks ago. It was from an American who is married to a Chinese woman in China.

One of her pet peeves? Americans do not shower and clean themselves before going to bed at night. No. We tend to shower in the morning, as our first ritual before we confront The World. Kind of like Rambo suiting up for battle.

The Chinese wife was flabbergasted. Why would you go to bed, get between the sheets, without showering first?

And my logical brain was like...yeah...she's right. I didn't like it, but yeah...she was right.

Nah - when pressed for time I get up earlier.
I shave everyday for work and really enjoy shaving after a shower in the morning - 5:30am to be exact.
Now on the weekend I can relax and shave after walking our dog at 6:30am.
Love the morning and a good cup of coffee!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm getting lazy as well on workdays

Have been using soaps and creams that I can lather quickly. (Cella, Arko, Derby or Irisch Moos cream) have quit striving for a baby smooth shave and doing a 2 pass and touch up's DFS.

I have even been doing a few showers and shaves on work nights. So I can get an extra 15min of sleep in the mornings.

I usually do 3 passes, but lately just one pass and I'm done.

Cutting corners further for me is using a cream or a very soft croap. I just get an almond size amount, apply on my face and proceed to face lather.

Top Bottom