What's new

Getting lazy

On several occasions lately, I've found myself wanting that extra 10 minutes of sleep in the morning and forgoing the full shaving ritual. Instead, I've just gone with the Gillette Guard and Kiss My Face, applied directly from hand to face w/o brush.

The results: a little less closeness, but good comfort...and time goes from 20 minutes to 10 (including rinse, aftershave, etc.).

Who else finds themselves cutting corners?

there are times I cut corners, depending on time. My first cut is pre shave oil, my second is bowl lathering, my third is lathering at all. My final cut is one pass shaving. The only thing after that is skipping the shave altogether.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For some reason I was doing a lot of shaving in the shower this winter. I've since rectified that, when I realized I was retired, and had no particular place to go! I even bowl lathered the other day!

My normal routine is 10 minutes which consists of face lathering & 3 passes. If I was in a hurry then it’s 3 minutes using canned goop & 1 XTG pass.

If i have to get up too early to be somewhere i'll shave before bed or just skip it all together, depends on what the agenda holds for the day. Always very late to bed and late to rise so my early would be sleeping in for a great many people.
dave

Time savers, in order:

1) cream vs soap
2) 1 pass vs 2 passes
3) Trac II vs DE
4) skip

Depends on the situation. I can generally get a 1 pass that is as good as a Trac II pass, but Trac II is a touch quicker.

On several occasions lately, I've found myself wanting that extra 10 minutes of sleep in the morning and forgoing the full shaving ritual. Instead, I've just gone with the Gillette Guard and Kiss My Face, applied directly from hand to face w/o brush.

The results: a little less closeness, but good comfort...and time goes from 20 minutes to 10 (including rinse, aftershave, etc.).

Who else finds themselves cutting corners?

Every once in a blue moon, I will be in a hurry and in need of a shave. I will stand in the shower, lather scalp and face with the wife's body wash, and have at it with a multi-bladed monstrosity. Three minutes later I am clean from the neck up, and acceptably shorn of hair. My usual explanation of this is as follows . . .

Technically, it's a shave, . . . but it's not a great one.

The last couple of days have been lazy, Mach 3 or a Tech and TJ's shave cream, but it works just fine.

I always shave for work, if I think I'm really going to need that extra 10 minutes I go with a 2 pass shave. If I know I'm going to need a lot of extra sleep in the AM I'll shave the night before.

I can lather and do two passes with a GEM Micromatic in less than 5-7 minutes. No reason to compromise your appearance folks. :)

My way of cutting corners came when I discovered vintage open comb over azors. My New Deluxe, RFB, & Goodwill #160 all shave me so much closer than the vintage safety bar razors& closer than my modern razors. To save time, I shave at night & am still DFS at noon the next day. By end of day I look as good as the others. This way I can still enjoy my shave routine.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My way of cutting corners came when I discovered vintage open comb over azors. My New Deluxe, RFB, & Goodwill #160 all shave me so much closer than the vintage safety bar razors& closer than my modern razors. To save time, I shave at night & am still DFS at noon the next day. By end of day I look as good as the others. This way I can still enjoy my shave routine.
Good stuff, David!!

I'm thinking of cutting corners sometimes with the Cremo shaving cream. However, I do enjoy using a brush when I shave so it's gonna be hard to make that a regular thing. I can shave fast within 15min so not much to adjust there.

Top Bottom