What's new

George Washington Razor? Made in England!???

Its true, made in Sheffield, England. I'm assuming post revolution too.

proxy.php

And its a big fat meat chopper too!:w00t:

That is sweet! It looks like its chopped some meat, unless its just the flash on the edge.

Are you going to restore it?

That is sweet! It looks like its chopped some meat, unless its just the flash on the edge.

Are you going to restore it?

No, some dumb *** probably dropped it or tried to kill someone with it. :confused:

Yup, its slated for restoration tomorrow. Unless I get sidetracked with the Boker or one of the other Sheffields or the other meat chopper... The Washington side is as good as its going to get though, any more and the etching may disappear.

This wouldn't be too terribly honest(if you didn't tell anyone) but could you scan the etching, polish the razor up to your liking, then have someone laser engrave it back on?

This wouldn't be too terribly honest(if you didn't tell anyone) but could you scan the etching, polish the razor up to your liking, then have someone laser engrave it back on?

Probably. I could also just sell it as is to a collector and make a bunch of cash. : )

As for how old George shaves, its a hone in progress. On my to do list.... :cool: So many razors, so little time, and even less facial hair. :mad3:

Edit: Progress report. Spent 1/2 hour honing old George. No dice. Can't get him sharp enough to cut hairs. Any honemeisters want to give it a go before I stick this one up on ebay? Or anyone want to buy him and either send him to a honemeister or hone him yourself? I don't have the time right now to give him a proper edge, and I can tell its going to take a long while. The steel is freaking hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom