What's new

Gear ordered

I soon will join the pu sipping ranks. I have a selection of sheng and some hardware on the way. Should get here the 10th and I just can't wait. Now I need to find a kettle and a few other minor tools (oyster knife/letter opener, ice pick, etc).

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hope you ordered from a place that delivers fast. I wore out my carpeting pacing the floor waiting for many a delivery.

Have fun!

Ordered from puerhshop. It shipped yesterday and should be in my grubby mits by Tuesday. I can't wait! My wife can't wait either... she wants me to stfu about it:biggrin:

Today we went and got an oyster knife for hacking cakes and tuo to bits and we got an electric kettle which may well suck horribly. I can't bring myself to spend >$60 bucks on a small appliance for a hobby that may not stick.

I'm still thinking of buying an ice pick to see if it works better than the oyster knife but I'm having trouble finding them. Target doesn't sell them. Walmart either. Bed Bath and Beyond says they have them but no store anywhere near me carries them. I finally found them at surlatable.com and again at a restaurant supply store. Of all the parts I thought would be hard to get, this wasn't one of them.

Good work!

Start slowly and don't go crazy, or you'll end up disheartened. :)

Hang in there, go gradually, and you'll uncover something that might stick with you for a long time!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

My order has arrived! Not bad... 3 days from Indy. I also received a few free samples so I have tons of options.

I do have a question. Since everyone seems to enjoy the 2008 Xiaguan FT Tibetan Flame Mushroom Tuocha, I grabbed one. It came in a nifly little box. When I open it up, the wrapper is pretty much torn up. Is this something to worry about? Can I store it in the box?

Hmmm... do not have much experience with the FT Tibetan Flame Mushroom but it seems odd that a 2008 wrapper that is enclosed in a box is even a little tattered. Some of my 2008's will occasionally have a nick on the edge but for one in a box to have damage seems odd.

Congratulations on your new acquisitions!

Scott seems to take the mushrooms out of the boxes, wrap them in bubble-wrap, then put them back in, to give them better padding (a good thing!). Why that would lead you to have a torn wrapper isn't clear, but I wouldn't worry too much. I have some older cakes where the wrapper is really just there to tell me which tea it is - in some cases, the knackered wrapper + cake is kept in a paper bag.

I store mine in the box - as long as it's not air-tight, you're OK. The advantage of the boxes is that they store easily - loads of mushrooms rolling around gets annoying. :)

Let us know how you get on!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I find the box the mushroom tuo comes in to be useless for storing- it's too big and has that mushroom shaped cutout at the bottom to make retrieving the tea a chore.

The small boxes for the 100g tuo work like a charm, though.

Top Bottom