What's new

G'Day!

Thanks again everyone :biggrin1:

ackvil, the price of MOST things in this country would shock you! There's some things we get really cheap (like cheese) but you have to pay through the nose for pretty much anything imported!

I did manage to order this from Argentina last night, apparently in full working order:

proxy.php

I've wanted an adjustable razor for a while but couldn't justify (read: afford) the prices of a Progress, which I was really interested in. If this one works out I'm going to PIF my Comoy to my mate next door as I'm putting a wet-shaving kit together for him for looking after my plants when I was down in Melbourne... It's also the easiest way to ditch that red Proraso soap which pales in comparison to the white for me. :)

Still searching for the perfect brush. That E&J badger hair is too soft and large for my liking. I want something a little stiffer and smaller in diam- I'm not gonna finish that sentence. Needless to say I'm back to using my cheap boar brush for the time being!

Jonsta

Thanks again everyone :biggrin1:

ackvil, the price of MOST things in this country would shock you! There's some things we get really cheap (like cheese) but you have to pay through the nose for pretty much anything imported!

I did manage to order this from Argentina last night, apparently in full working order:

proxy.php

I've wanted an adjustable razor for a while but couldn't justify (read: afford) the prices of a Progress, which I was really interested in. If this one works out I'm going to PIF my Comoy to my mate next door as I'm putting a wet-shaving kit together for him for looking after my plants when I was down in Melbourne... It's also the easiest way to ditch that red Proraso soap which pales in comparison to the white for me. :)

Still searching for the perfect brush. That E&J badger hair is too soft and large for my liking. I want something a little stiffer and smaller in diam- I'm not gonna finish that sentence. Needless to say I'm back to using my cheap boar brush for the time being!

Jonsta

That's a Gillette executive razor model. .same as Slim but in gold.

That's a Gillette executive razor model. .same as Slim but in gold.

I'm not so sure though... the Executive doesn't have the knurling all the way to the top of the TTO like this one does when I looked it up. Maybe a frankenrazor?

Jonsta

I see...that is the Aristocrat model.

"Aristocrat"? That sounds awesome! I'd love to find a case for it, but I'm happy enough with a decent razor stand. Thanks for the info Alex! I can't wait to give it a scrub and try it out.

Jonsta

Hello Jon! Welcome to Badger and Blade, the largest shave forum. There's a ton of stuff to learn here. Enjoy the ride mate!

"Aristocrat"? That sounds awesome! I'd love to find a case for it, but I'm happy enough with a decent razor stand. Thanks for the info Alex! I can't wait to give it a scrub and try it out.

Jonsta
Glad i could help.....................did you try it yet?

Glad i could help.....................did you try it yet?

Haven't recieved it yet! I am in Australia after all :p I went and tried a few other products out as detailed in this post but I'm sticking to the Proraso and boar brush for now :) Still very excited to get it!

Jonsta

Top Bottom