What's new

Game changer 1.05

Which other Razorock razors have you tried? I just recently tried the GC .84-P and loved it so much that I immediately ordered the GC .76-P and the Lupo .72 OC.

The GC .84-P felt about as aggressive as I think I can handle, so the 1.05 was out for me.

I have a GC .84 and love it. I would be interested in the 1.05, but being on blood thinners I will have to just enjoy reading about the experience of others.

The .84P is my go to. Out of 30-40 razors it’s my favorite so far.

If I’m shaving daily I sometimes grab the .68P instead but need to purchase a .76P for those days which would likely make my .68 obsolete.

I will probably try the .105p as well. I feel like I could handle a more aggressive GC then the .84p with 2-3 days growth.

I find the Game Changers far smoother/less blade feel then the Lupos. But I still like my Lupo 72, and 95 quite a bit. Strangely the 95 felt just as smooth as the 72 when I tested it but both are a little more blade feel then I like.

The .84P is my go to. Out of 30-40 razors it’s my favorite so far.

If I’m shaving daily I sometimes grab the .68P instead but need to purchase a .76P for those days which would likely make my .68 obsolete.

I will probably try the .105p as well. I feel like I could handle a more aggressive GC then the .84p with 2-3 days growth.

I find the Game Changers far smoother/less blade feel then the Lupos. But I still like my Lupo 72, and 95 quite a bit. Strangely the 95 felt just as smooth as the 72 when I tested it but both are a little more blade feel then I like.
That’s a similar impression I have. My GC .68 and .84 are much smoother than my Lupo .72.

Which other Razorock razors have you tried? I just recently tried the GC .84-P and loved it so much that I immediately ordered the GC .76-P and the Lupo .72 OC.

The GC .84-P felt about as aggressive as I think I can handle, so the 1.05 was out for me.
I’ve tried the SLOC I’m waiting for the superslant l3++ OC to come back in stock. I loved the sloc with a feather

Smoothness factor from my perspective : .84 GC SB > 1.05 GC SB > .72 LUPO SB > .95 LUPO SB

GC .84 SB cuts the worse out of the 4 plates I own.

.72 LUPO SB is more efficient and more "safe", but has more positive blade feel vs the same .84 GC SB. Night and day smoothness difference.

Cutting wise, I think it's a wash between .95 Lupo SB and 1.05 GC SB subjectively. Blade gap is high enough to where you won't really take a bad angle once adjusted, but you may find that they both dig in more. Can irritate certain skin types if you go over the same area multiple times.

I kinda like the .72 LUPO SB for a "jack of all trades" utensil, but it definitely has more bite relative to other razors with a similar gap. (Heavier positive exposure).

Edit: You can be very lazy with the .84 GC SB once you have the angle down. Super smooth. I assume .76 GC SB is just a smoother/safer version that cuts slightly worse.

Also never tried .68 GC SB. Was too low on Italian barbers "agro" graph for me to consider... Otherwise I would have stayed on DE89/R89.

Any razor in the "medium" section of that chart is where most people end up anyway for obvious reasons.

Wonder if IB/RR will end up making a .65 LUPO SB down the road. Would be a balanced stop gap in the lineup. Slightly more agro than .76 GC SB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom