What are your nicknames/aliases?
Oi, you...

Where do you live?
Cheltenham, UK

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
IT Developer

What is your favorite shave setup?
Newly returned after many years in the wilderness with a beard, so I only have two razors - so far! Murker HD as recommended here and I also picked up a Gillette adjustable on EvilBay which is rather nice. I use the HD most.

As for brushes I have a shavemac 22557 and a Kent BK4 I also won on EvilBay. I like them equally at the moment.

Creams - Taylor's Rose and Avocado and a tube of Palmolive!

Aftershave balm - King of shaves, going cheap at Boots! Not bad actually for a couple of quid.

Cappucino cup with stainless steel insert, (cat food bowl) Water in the cup, cat food bowl on top keeps the lather piping hot. Annoys the moggie though.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Mostly playing my assortment of melodeons (button accordeons) for a Gloucester morris team, a ceilidh band and any pub sessions I can get to.

When the mood takes me I make Scandinavian Puukko knives (well, fancy handles really, I buy in blades from various sources)

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I can grow far more hair on my chin than on my head - follically challenged.

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Welcome!

One of my dreams is to travel to the UK and Ireland and make my way through the pubs and hear some great music--have a pint for me!

Thanks for the welcomes folks. I've been a member for a few weeks but have only just found out what thus Hall of Fame is!

Next I need to fight with the Google map which keeps asking me for an URL which I don't have!

Iechyd Da!

Gareth

Hey, Gareth! Another thing we have in common (besides the melodeons and the morris). I make scandinavian knives too. Antler is my favorite material, and Helle makes my blades of choice - though I'd like to try a damascus blade sometime.

Orest

kozulich said:
Hey, Gareth! Another thing we have in common (besides the melodeons and the morris). I make scandinavian knives too. Antler is my favorite material, and Helle makes my blades of choice - though I'd like to try a damascus blade sometime.

Orest

Are you my long lost brother that went to Ameriky?:biggrin:

I've used a couple of Helle blades. the last one I made used a hand made blade. There's a knifemakers supply place in Finland I use. There are laso quite a few hobby blade makers in Britain making proper forged blades. I'd like to have a go at that but just haven't got anywhere for a forge!

Gareth

Top Bottom