What's new

Furbo Vintage Blu vs B&M Reserve Cool Vs other blues

I know that ‘blue’ aftershave splashes are often compared, so I just wanted to pitch in as I recently got the Furbo Vintage Blu and have been using it extensively over the last couple of weeks. It was pretty hard to get a hold of, I had to order it from a small Italian website in Sicily. So maybe some of you are curious to this AS (which comes highly recommended by or fellow B&B’er @Marco).

Now, I never got a chance to try the Floid Blu (which it is supposed to smell like) but I generally really like ‘blue aftershaves’ such as:
Myrsol Blu
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
B&M Reserve Cool
...and now the Furbo :)

And here’s my fast thoughts, I am really poor at describing scents so will not try to fake anything. And anyway, scents are impossible to describe as I don’t think 2 people ever pick up the same smells (or ‘notes’?) - at least that’s what I’ve found from reading other folks descriptions of scents I have myself. Sometimes they are spot on to what I pick up, oftentimes way off.

The Furbo scent type-wise IMO is somewhat similar to the Myrsol Blu - quite light scent, not very strong. But where the Myrsol has a very(!) perfumey sweet tone (like many other Spanish aftershaves, not least Floid Vigoroso) the Furbo instead has a strange ‘alcohol/chemical’ very clean smelling side-scent, which is actually not unpleasant, just unexpected. The alcohol sting is really strong and lasting, bites quite hard. And the post shave feel is fantastic, as good as any I’ve tried. Conclusion: I don’t initially like the scent in itself as much as I like either of the 3 others, but there is something about it that has made me wear it quite a lot since I got it 2 weeks ago. I think it will be among my go-to splashes.

The B&M Cool which I’ve used for a year now on the other hand is just a fantastic, rich and nuanced scent. More spicy than the others. Much like the Aqua Velva Ice Blue but with even more details. It is my clear #1 pick scent of all my splashes, even beating out the Proraso Green.

And the Aqua Velva... well, that’s just the perfect eternal manly signature scent, smells like my dad and I will never be without it!

Grateful to know if you have other comments to these blue notes?
101B1412-CD11-48BC-98EC-7B2BF259379C.jpeg

Thanks for the review! Great shot of the bottles - nice to see a review with several versions of a "colored" splash side by side. :thumbsup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Furbo Vintage Blu is a very faithful rendition of the legendary and no longer made Floid Blue. Not only, it gives a stronger menthol kick and has more staying power. Furbo Vintage Blu causes addiction… :001_wub:

Top Bottom