What's new

Fruit in your Blue moon or as is?

I love Blue moon with a slice of orange. Just the thought makes my mouth water. However i seem to get some odd looks at pubs/bars when i order it that way. just curious if anyone else does this as well?

Just stick a pink umbrella in it and call it a beer-a-colada!

Seriously though... I'm not one for overly fruity beers, particularly lemon, but I do really like Hangar 24 Orange Wheat.
I don't care for the typical honey wheat... too sweet and too lemony.

I love Blue moon with a slice of orange. Just the thought makes my mouth water. However i seem to get some odd looks at pubs/bars when i order it that way. just curious if anyone else does this as well?

+1. My brother-in-law introduced me to Blue Moon on a trip to visit them in Edmonds, Washington. They were served with an orange slice and he said that's the only way to drink them. That works very well for me. When I order them in local resturants and ask for an orange slice they seem to think that's standard. That's my $.02.

Enjoy your Blue Moon and your shaves.

Don

Oh man I will have to try a black and blue! I like snakebites so I'm sure it would be up my alley. But ya if a place doesn't have an orange to go with it I just order something else.

I don't care for Blue Moon, myself. Orange slices? Lime slice in Corona? I think this is just a gimmick. It's not for me, but you should have your beer (and any other drink, for that matter) just how you like it. Other people's opinions should not matter.

As a rule, I avoid any type of citrus in my Witbiers.

I can see the logic. Wits are brewed with Coriander, bitter orange peel and other herbs/spices. Having an orange slice is supposed to go with the flavors already present. I still dont' like it.

Luckily, Blue Moon is the only Wit that it is common for bars to automatically add the orange slice. If someone put orange into my Ommegang Witte, I'd have to slap a hoe!

It is a pretty standard practice where I am, its wierd to not have an orange. It is nice that a wheat style beer has become mainstream and is offered in most bars/restaurants, IMO

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Most Places in Chicago will serve blue moons with an orange slice
agreed. ya dont even have to ask for it they just serve it with the orange slice.
but when i moved to TN and bought a 6pk and an orange at the grocery store the checkout guy thought i was nuts. maybe its just a location thing?

Blue Moon is my favorite, i've only had it without the orange a handfull of times and the orange really makes a difference.

Most places I go to put the orange slice, or wedge if it's fancy, on the glass as part of their MO, similar to always getting the lime wedge with a Mexican beer. I personally don't think it adds to the experience. I would never ask for it but I humbly accept it when I get one. IMHO, a beer's flavor should stand on its own, you shouldn't need fruit.

Top Bottom