What's new

Free Honeing (Australia)

Gday fellas.

Im offering free honeing to anyone in Australia who wants it. Good for newbies to help get you going, just grab your Grandads old one, or one you picked up from an antique, send it to me with return postage bag, done.

Im no honemiester but i can put a shaving edge on a razor. Im looking to help some people who want to give straights a go and increase my skill and experience.

God bless (but a straight will still bite if you dont hold it right ;))

+Buckler

Don't do this.

I've resisted buying some old straights I've found here in Hobart because there's nowhere I knew to get them honed................

Must resist...................

( Thanks for the offer BTW ) :thumbup:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's great, where are you located in Oz? I might have something coming in the mail but I also want to learn how to do it myself.

That's great, where are you located in Oz? I might have something coming in the mail but I also want to learn how to do it myself.

Me too. I've got a vintage German straight which shaves OK but I want to be able to maintain the edge myself - if I can pick up the way to do it properly. Is it on Youtube?

I hadn't realized chess had posted so many videos. I would say watch those first!! It's nice to get multiple views on the subject, so I would also recommend you look at the videos on Youtube as well. When I started out I watched the 9 part video that is floating around, and another 2 sets of videos by 2 other authors. One of these 3 authors did NOT use the X pattern, so I used the information gleamed from those videos only as information (please for goodness sake always use an x pattern). Of course, I'm a newbie too still :biggrin:.

Top Bottom