What's new

Frederick Malle Coming to Houston

I was in the Kuhl-Linscomb store at noon today, and the SA told me, with much excitement, that Frederick Malle is coming to visit their store on Sept 28. Apparently he's considering letting Kuhl-Linscomb sell his products in their store. It makes sense, as I consider them the premiere seller of upscale fragrances in Houston. She said they are not going to be promoting his products or anything like that while he's here, he's just stopping by to see the store and it's customers, probably to decide.

I'm considering going in to see if I can meet him, but don't know much about him. I've tried samples of his Musc Ravageur and Vetiver Extraordinaire, and I know they are mainly if not only available through his store and Barney's in New York.

What do you guys think? Any particular questions that should be posed to Frederick Malle if the opportunity presents itself?

Please thank him for commisioning Marcel Roucel & creating the incredible Musc Ravageur :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I think it would be fun to try to meet him. I would not be above a little hem clutching in this instance! A rock star!

On the FM web site Dominique Ropion is credited with Vetiver Extraordinaire, if that helps. And one of my favs, Olivia Giacobetti has done work for him.

You are a knowlegeable, personable guy. I do not see any way your being around would not help bring him to Houston. Tell him you are a Steward on B&B and that you do a lot with colognes on B&B. See if that gets you any cred! At the least it may establish a little recognition for B&B with him, which cannot hurt! Tell him FMalle is available as a member name on B&B!

And, of course, make sure to negotiate a B&B discount! I am sure FM likes nothing more than to get down into the nitty gritty of retail pricing! <just kidding>

Sounds like fun!

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish ya'll could have seen the SA yesterday. She was so excited, she was giddy! And I don't think I've ever used that word to describe someone before. But I really like going in to discuss and sample and buy fragrances from her. She's such a pleasure to deal with, very easy to talk to and completely at ease, unlike many fragrance SA's who are either somewhat distant, or rather uneducated on fragrances. She was telling me about the collector's edition of small collectible FM bottles she has, and wondering if she brought them in if Frederick would autograph them for her? Her name is Therese (pronounced "Tarez") and she's very knowledgeable and loves to talk fragrances. If you ever have the opportunity to go into Kuhl-Linscomb in Houston, be sure and ask for her. Or just walk around the fragrance area, and she'll approach you in a friendly manner to offer assistance.

I am a huge fan. I love and own 100 ml of MUSC RAVAGEUR, VETIVER EXTRARDINAIRE, GERANIUM POUR MONSIUER, FRENCH LOVER, CARNAL FLOWER and DANS TES BRAS, being this last one a gift , from EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FREDERIC MALLE, when it was launched.

I don't like them all for me, but they are pretty awesome scents.

Noir Epices is the single most powerful frag I've ever run into. Will last all day and through a shower the next day. Potent!

Vetiver Extraordinaire the most potent vetiver I've run into.

Top Bottom