What's new

Frank Shaving synthetic G5 rumor

The Synthetics are generally much cheaper than silvertip badger shaving brushes. Expensive synthetic shaving brush makes no difference with cheap synths because they use the same fibers.

Actually the fibers are different with some companies than others. I believe there are about 3 different fibers being used today in popular synthetics.
Then it also makes a big difference on how dense they pack the knot. For example you take the Fine Stout brush and compare it to a Chubby 2 synthetic and there is quite a difference. Both synthetics but not quite the same.

Stout.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
War department can easily be tricked into approving a $7 order after you “mistakenly” mark the purchase order as toothpaste 😂😃😀😅
Brother, she is RUTHLESS.

(And not just because her middle name ain't Ruth.)

I will die with more money in the bank than most third werld kountries have in their koffers. Seriously.

While I eat porridge in the korner, begging for scraps from the Kat. Seriously...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Brother, she is RUTHLESS.

(And not just because her middle name ain't Ruth.)

I will die with more money in the bank than most third werld kountries have in their koffers. Seriously.
You have huge wiggle room to bury $7 is all I’m saying 🙃😂🤣
The Synthetics are generally much cheaper than silvertip badger shaving brushes. Expensive synthetic shaving brush makes no difference with cheap synths because they use the same fibers.

While I eat porridge in the korner, begging for scraps from the Kat. Seriously...
Definitely disagree with this theory. I’ve got so many synthetic brushes from top to bottom. quality is not associated with price. Except the t3. I don’t know how they are doing that at that price point.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Definitely disagree with this theory. I’ve got so many synthetic brushes from top to bottom. quality is not associated with price. Except the t3. I don’t know how they are doing that at that price point.
Now YOU are ruthlessly trying to get me to want it even more!

My I just had 4 Yaqis come on including the new "Everest" (Trafalgar clone). I prefer 3 of the 4 to the G5. The Everest is my favorite of the bunch and might end up my favorite brush period. With a clone being so good it stands to reason that the original T2 is also great.

I was gonna get one from AP but even with their least expensive handle it’s almost the same as a T3 so I’ll prob grab a T3 at some point while I wait for reviews to trickle in.
Well if you want the truth bag the g5 idea and go T3. It’s double the price but a fantastic synthetic of the “new” fibers. (No paintbrush 🖌 there 😂😁)

Top Bottom