What's new

Frags you own that LAST

Not trying to start a flame war or start name pointing, but I think fragrances that don't last aren't worth the money. I'm talking about big name fragrances that cost $50 for 50ml. I own one of these fragrances and even with liberal application, the scent will last for about half an hour...after that you're going to have to dig your nose in my shirt to smell it.

I want to ask you, what fragrances do you own that last?

I went into a Tom Ford boutique and tried the White Suede on, gave it a few good sprays around the neck, and it lasted even after I washed that shirt. Very impressive, and the smell was great. However it was $200 for a bottle, I'm not that into Frags enough yet to spend that kind of money.

Anyone have a frag that really lasts?

Here are a few that last and don't cost $200:

Annick Goutal Sables - Burnt sugar and maple syprup
Caron Pour un Homme - great lavender/vanilla scent
Guerlain Vetiver - a benchmark vetiver

and a few classics:

Aramis
Azzaro Pour Homme
Polo Green

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Knize Ten
Black Aoud
C&S No. 88
Leather Oud

Expensive, yes. You get what you pay for. Kind of.

I agreee with Polo Green. Caron PuH...didn't last, but wasn't that great to me. Aramis...great! Not as potent as others but does hang around a little. Azzarro PH...not on me. another that lasts on me is vintage (MEM Company) English Leather.

I'm wanting to try this Annick Goutal Sables now.

Some frags like Blue Seduction or any of the Amen Flankers will last several days on your clothing. Even frags like Hermes Voyage which does not last at all on my skin will last a couple days on my clothing.

Montale Black Aoud, or just about anything else by Montale, for that matter. Most of the 80s powerhouse fragrances are tenacious; Obsession, Azzaro, Lagerfeld, Red and Kouros have excellent longevity.

Mike

For whatever reason, Azzaro does not last on my skin. I second A*Men or any of the flankers. I personally do not care for the original A*Men......but it sure does last.

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Knize Ten
Black Aoud
C&S No. 88
Leather Oud

Expensive, yes. You get what you pay for. Kind of.

I agreee with Polo Green. Caron PuH...didn't last, but wasn't that great to me. Aramis...great! Not as potent as others but does hang around a little. Azzarro PH...not on me. another that lasts on me is vintage (MEM Company) English Leather.

I'm wanting to try this Annick Goutal Sables now.

You saved me the trouble of writing out my list. Its the same as yours!

Any Montale except Greyland

I agree with several previously mentioned choices and won't repeat them except for TF Tuscan Leather which is in a class of it's own for longevity.

Another I'll mention in the reasonably priced group is L'Occitane Eau de Baux

I got a decant of TF Tuscan Leather for Christmas two years ago in my stocking. I put a spray on. It's been two years....

Cartier Roadster really seems to hang around well on me. I stopped by a dept store a couple of months ago and smelled Tobacco Vanille for the first time. A few days ago I found the sprayed card in my jacket pocket and maybe my brain was having a laugh at my expense, but I really thought that I could still faintly smell the fragrance.

Chanel Pour Monsiuer Concentree'

After 30 years, countless fragrances and a LOT of dollars spent THIS is the only one I've found that lasts...and I mean really does last!

And forget that hype about fragrances that "last" or "smell" different depending on your own unique body chemistry; it was a marketing "myth" begun by Coco to make women think that No 5 would be a signature and unique scent for them because it mixed with their own.

I agree with several previously mentioned choices and won't repeat them except for TF Tuscan Leather which is in a class of it's own for longevity.
Tuscan Leather smells great, but was there was a group buy I missed? Everyone seems to own it here. :001_cool:

Chanel Pour Monsiuer Concentree'

After 30 years, countless fragrances and a LOT of dollars spent THIS is the only one I've found that lasts...and I mean really does last!

And forget that hype about fragrances that "last" or "smell" different depending on your own unique body chemistry; it was a marketing "myth" begun by Coco to make women think that No 5 would be a signature and unique scent for them because it mixed with their own.

30 years huh?

That's awesome, I'm putting this in my phone so I can look for it the next time I'm in a frag store.

SMN Acqua di Cuba
SMN Marescialla
Bois du Portugal
Encre Noire
XPEC Original
Rive Gauche
Guerlain Héritage
Carthusia Numero Uno

All of these last, except SMN. SMN really really last.

Tuscan Leather smells great, but was there was a group buy I missed? Everyone seems to own it here.
TFTL was one of our Spotlight Frags and Garry supplied a number of us here. I don't remember if there was a split on this one, but I bought enough from Garry at the time to last me.

I've had Tabac last 8+ hours, it easily reactivates when you work up a bit of sweat. I also like Aramis Original, Tuscany & D&G Light Blue. The biggest surprise was Avon Ironman, a blend of Melon or Grapefruit with Lavender and Spice, good projection and 10+ hours of longevity.

Top Bottom