What's new

Foxhole Shavers Club

If I remember correctly, it was stretch. But that only lasted in basic. However, when I was in college starting in 1964' the first date there, I walked in the dorm room across the hall and sone one said, "... it's a tree" and for four years my nickname was "Tree." Even my professors called me that.

If I remember correctly, it was stretch. But that only lasted in basic. However, when I was in college starting in 1964' the first date there, I walked in the dorm room across the hall and sone one said, "... it's a tree" and for four years my nickname was "Tree." Even my professors called me that.

Hey Tree!

Just have to let y'all know that yesterday was my last duty day. Official end of my military career is October 31st, but I have completed the last drill with the Army National Guard. I am already starting to grow my beard, which I haven't had in many, many years.

Congratulations! Well done. Welcome back to real life!
Thank you, sir. I have really loved the military life, and in many ways hate to leave it behind. Both active duty and Guards has been greatly rewarding, especially going through the Warrant Officer schools.

Just have to let y'all know that yesterday was my last duty day. Official end of my military career is October 31st, but I have completed the last drill with the Army National Guard. I am already starting to grow my beard, which I haven't had in many, many years.

Congratulations! As a member has spent several years on active duty and several years as a Guardsman...neither were easy but both were rewarding! :thumbup:

I like being a civilian.

I did 4 years, 3 months, seven days, 11 hours, 12 minutes, and 14 seconds.

Although I secretly miss some things.

Remarkable thread and a joy to read through. When you think about the old adage of "necessity is the mother of invention" and all the
different iterations mentioned through this thread just to get a shave. The best I can recall is lighting a pinch of C-4 to heat the water, then into the steel pot and shaving with hand soap and one of those nasty plastic BIC razors. Job done.

Well done Veterans, well done.

Remarkable thread and a joy to read through. When you think about the old adage of "necessity is the mother of invention" and all the
different iterations mentioned through this thread just to get a shave. The best I can recall is lighting a pinch of C-4 to heat the water, then into the steel pot and shaving with hand soap and one of those nasty plastic BIC razors. Job done.

Well done Veterans, well done.

Welcome, Alan.

ATTN: Veterans...

This is our Clubhouse here on Badger and Blade. Feel free to discuss all things Veteran related here.

All are welcome.

Thanks Tony, members could put that they are members of the club in their signature to indicate they are veterans.

Top Bottom