What's new

Food you hate to love

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since someone toggled a memory, I will admit that I occasionally make Kraft Mac and Cheese (the regular, not the "high end" one with the liquid cheese pouch) and add canned tuna to it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since someone toggled a memory, I will admit that I occasionally make Kraft Mac and Cheese (the regular, not the "high end" one with the liquid cheese pouch) and add canned tuna to it.
I have been hankering this concoction since I mentioned it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thought I would bump this, and hope my admission doesn’t get me kicked out of the Mess Hall. I love Ohio Valley style pizza, as found at DiCarlo’s in Steubenville and Beto’s in Pittsburgh. First, the pizza is square and a little thicker than NY style, but it is crunchy when cooked. Only the dough and sauce (with just a little cheese) go in the oven. Once done it is pulled out and cut into smaller squares. It is then topped with mounds of room temperature provolone. Other toppings are also room temperature. The cheese warms up the perfect temperature on the way home. I know it sounds crazy, but I love it. Since I can’t get it, I need to get off of my butt and make some.

I think in the modern Western diet carbs are eaten way too much and the wrong kind, followed by too much TV, computer games and Big Gulps. As a kid we ate lots of simple carbs like potatos, breakfast cereal, pasta and white bread. None of which held any nutrition what so ever. But, we played in the front yard, woods and in the streets until the street lights came on.

This is what I think it is. For years I wondered how my grandparents ate what they wanted and lived to ripe old ages. The thing I realized is that they were a lot more active then then we are now (including me).

Hormel beef tamales in a can. Heat them up and crush saltines on top.

I recently bought a case of Vienna sausages and my wife asked “why?” She likes deviled ham so whatever. Spam is popular in our house. Wife and I like canned corned beef hash and corned beef. Oh and Chinese sausages, cured, sweet, salty, fatty and delicious.

Her Hawaiian recipe is, thick slice one large onion, a healthy pinch of sugar, 1 can of corned beef. Get the onions sweating in a pan. Add sugar and canned beef before the onion is even half cooked. Once the beef is hot serve it on rice.

Spam for sure. First thing I ate when I got back from boot camp, straight to 7-11 for a spam musubi.

and Kaukauna port wine cheese balls. There is ZERO way those are any better for you than EZ cheez lol.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Special Dark UTZ pretzels, followed by Twinkies for dessert. If I need something green, a bucket of guacamole with a side of fresh, greasy tortilla chips will do nicely. Then there are Snickers bars . . .

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Special Dark UTZ pretzels, followed by Twinkies for dessert. If I need something green, a bucket of guacamole with a side of fresh, greasy tortilla chips will do nicely. Then there are Snickers bars . . .
Guacamole is good for you, and it has to get into your face some how (at least that is the rationale I use) :)

I don't think I have any at the moment. For a long time I liked Jack in the Box tacos and quarter pounders but those days are long gone. Houston has no lack of good tacos that are real tacos and cheap. If I'm going to get a burger these days it needs to be amazing.

I don't hate to love bacon. I love to love bacon. Nothing wrong with it. It can make many wrong things right. Healthy/unhealthy isn't quite so simple. Most things in moderation are fine including bacon.

Bacon? In moderation? The heck you say!!!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
This is what I think it is. For years I wondered how my grandparents ate what they wanted and lived to ripe old ages. The thing I realized is that they were a lot more active then then we are now (including me).

That really is the key. Activity trumps diet every time.

Heaped plate full of potato fries covered in grated cheddar cheese, covered with ketchup and mayo.

Why discriminate? O.D. on carbs and fat at the same time, and add a liberal amount of salt, just to be sure!

Then never do it again for the next 14 days.

I've got a million of them, and most have sugar (which I have banned from my diet). A good one is Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. I would buy a whole pie and slowly but surely eat it all myself. #2 pie is Marie Calendar's Cherry pie. Same deal.

Mutton fat/sheep fat. Your arteries just clog up by looking at these, marvelously delicious, ribs..

prov.jpg

Original Flavor Slim Jim's and McDonald's Sausage Biscuit with no egg.

I can eat slim jim's every day.
Tabasco flavored Slim Jim’s. They have them at the counter of my local gas station and I find it impossible to not buy 2 of the monster sized ones and eat both of them on my way home. Then I hate myself for a little while,but I get over it. Thank god I have a big tank on my truck and only have to fill up every two weeks.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Tabasco flavored Slim Jim’s. They have them at the counter of my local gas station and I find it impossible to not buy 2 of the monster sized ones and eat both of them on my way home. Then I hate myself for a little while,but I get over it. Thank god I have a big tank on my truck and only have to fill up every two weeks.
We got two big packages of slim Jim's from the missus boss's hunting trip. They get stuck in my molar's ever time I eat them...what a good problem.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am with you. Even though your mind knows that there is jerky out there made with higher quality meat, sometimes you need a Slim Jim.

Top Bottom