What's new

Food Processor Recommendations

you have not blended until you have vita mixed (David rosengarten agrees)

I need the food processor equivalent of the vitamin.

Michael

If you are interested in branching into sauces, a blender might be more appropriate. While a food processor will do a good enough job, it will not make things as silky smooth/emulsified as a blender.

I have both a processor and a blender and use both frequently. The blender is used mainly for smoothies and liquefying soups/sauces whereas the processor is mainly reserved for superfine chopping and kneading. Anything chunkier than superfine gets done with a knife as I then only have a knife to clean afterward.

My blender is a $60 Waring bar blender and my processor is a $100 Cuisinart (7 cup).

Fun little project with a processor: Dump in some heavy whipping cream and just turn the machine on. Within several minutes the cream will go from soft, to medium, to heavy whipped cream, break down to liquid again, and then separate into butter and buttermilk. Knead the excess buttermilk out, mix in some salt (and spices if desired) and you've got the freshest butter of your life. Also, some buttermilk for biscuits to go with that butter!

Top Bottom