What's new

Folgers or Maxwell House

This seems a bit like asking "Fusion or Quattro" in the other subforums. But honestly, I usually drink supermarket stuff. Folgers French Roast is what I grew up on (seriously. I've been drinking it since I was 12), so I've got a taste for it. And coffee is expensive.

Either one suffices for the morning jolt. If you use a French press or a moka pot you can maximize what good there is in either of these grinds. On weekends I pamper myself with fresh ground home roasted beans.

I am surprised by how many of you despise folger and maxwell. Please forgive me as I am young and have yet to develop a cultured tongue in regards to coffee

I'd cringe putting either one into my Zassenhaus and french prss, but if I HAD to choose, I'd say Maxwell House at least they now *claim* to be 100% arabica beans..... Its a start.

That's what I prefer: one or the other. Don't care which, really.
I tried my hand at becoming a coffee yuppie/snob while in grad school. My roommate succeeded; thankfully, I didn't.

Neither, except when someone else buys it and I need some caffeine. For the grocery store stuff, I like Community Coffee. And nothing flavored. Ugh.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I think I've had both in the form of "office coffee" or waiting on my oil change at Jiffy Lube. I'm rather partial to another value brand that Publix grocery here in Tampa offers at Buy One Get One Free occasionally....

I think I've had both in the form of "office coffee" or waiting on my oil change at Jiffy Lube. I'm rather partial to another value brand that Publix grocery here in Tampa offers at Buy One Get One Free occasionally....

Eight O'Clock 100% Columbian: My "go to" coffee, highly rated by Consumer Reports (and me!) in the whole bean version.

Steve

If I had to pick, it would be Folgers but I am honestly not sure that I could tell the difference in a blind tast test. However, I do know that I could tell the difference between my freshly ground, home-roasted coffee and either of the two.

After roasting and grinding my own for some time, I'd have to quit if that's all I could get.
Ken.

I am pretty sure they use equal amounts of Robusta and toasted sawdust in their blends. I would probably tip my hat towards Folgers, since their dust is pressure-treated which adds a pleasant mouthfeel.

Top Bottom