What's new

Folgers or Maxwell House

Mark me down for neither, also.

I only buy whole bean coffee now... If I'm feeling thrifty I reach for the 8 o'clock bean at the grocery store.

Simply for the sake of answering the question posed in this thread, I'll say Folgers. Though I normaly wouldn't drink either by choice.

I drink Foldgers at home when I'm out of Keurig cups or don't have time to grind. Maxwell House is free at work but I only drink it when I'm desperate.

Neither. Kirkland Columbian Supremo from Costco is better than both. Plus if you buy the beans, you'll see that they were roasted by Starbucks (if any of that matters to you). Although I do like the Folgers Singles. Especially if all I want is one cup. They are cheaper than the pods and work in the pod coffee makers as well. Just have the tag hanging out when you do it.

proxy.php

Neither. Kirkland Columbian Supremo from Costco is better than both.

This. If you're going to be buying a bug vat at Costco anyway do yourself a favour. I managed to convince them to switch to Kirkland Columbian Supremo at work over Folgers. Much more palatable black.

I also have work to thank for inspiring me to drink black coffee due to the "bomb shelter" tetra-pak no need for refrigeration until it's opened milk.

As long as it's not Starbuck's, I don't care. No, really, they've been buying that swill (SB) for the last few years where I work, and it's really getting old. Everyone else puts so much cream, sugar and other crap in their drinks that they don't notice that it tastes like burnt feet (we actually have one lady who puts a scoop or two of powdered creamer, lots of sugar, a package of hot chocolate and some cinnamon in her cup, then adds coffee). Furthermore, they seem drawn to the ones that say "Bold" or "Extra Bold", which I've decided is SB doublespeak for "Extra Burnt!".

Also, the folks that usually make the coffee use about twice as much as they should. Since I can ONLY drink my coffee black, this is particularly annoying.

I pray every morning that the one lady who likes Folgers got in first, so that she made the coffee instead of the SB-loving clowns. Sad that I long for Folger's like that...

Really, people, if you use a reasonable amount of palatable coffee, you don't NEED a bunch of cream and sugar, to say nothing of hot cocoa mix.

[/RANT]

Top Bottom