What's new

Floïd Balms

Has anyone tried these balms? There are two variants available, as far as I can tell. Vetyver (left) and Citrus (right). Floïd make great aftershaves, so I'm tempted to give these a shot, but wanted to see if others have already tried them. Please share your thoughts if one or both have made it into your den. Thanks :)

floid-balms.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have the Vetiver Splash: great scent, great moisturizing properties, great overall balm. Flawless performance for a silky soft skin. I do recommend it without hesitation. :thumbup1:

Neither my friend, this is a relatively new line under the Floid logo. It also includes a shaving gel, an underarm deodorant and a bath soap. I own the Vetyver Splash balm and bath soap, both very, very nice.
The bath soap sounds very interesting. I usually have something from Ach. Brito but an alternative would be nice as well.

Floid has been through major changes within the past year or so. It's difficult to keep on top of what they are up to.

Until recently they did one balm only, in an orange tube, fragrance being the same as the "Black label" aftershave they put out as a novelty a few years ago (I forgot what they called it, and they seem to already have discontinued it - the label was black).

I got a tube of this balm along with the black label aftershave some years ago, and found the scent of both quite awful (splash and balm). Hard to put a word on, some cheap musky teenage weekend juice springs to mind. Also, the balm is/was very greasy, leaves face greasy for hours. I was highly surprised, as I was a huge fan of the splashes for which Floid is famous (Vigoroso and the Genuine), and which they have now discontinued too.

The balms you inquire about are yet a novelty, they might have entirely revamped the "balm" recipe (never mind the scent), and so be worth a try.

However I for one, have not been impressed with the Martelli takeover of Floid, and I am not inclined to take more chances on their new products. The new version of the orange "Genuine" aftershave is not quite as good as the old Genuine, let alone as good as the Vigoroso, which is entirely gone now. The Vigoroso was among the very best splashes around.

Evidently this is just my take on things. But there are plenty other balms I would give a try before these ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom